How long do you want your batreps to be?

NemesorSobekta

I think style and quality play a real factor. I'd like to see film makers explore different formats- I'm still waiting for the no dice, model's eye view of a crusade battle with story narration voice over and army based dialogue. Ideally, the film maker would stop-motion the movement and also make the actual top view/ dice/ batrep battle in parallel.

If the quality is good and the talk is story/ game focused, I can happily watch a pretty long batrep

I dont really bother as most people seem to meta chase and just use the new cool stuff, or some presenters really wind me up (looking at you Dave from MWG), not looked at any official ones yet as I doubt GW could do any better.

Laughing because I have the same reaction to Dave. But painted armies and fun games much of the time, and non meta WAAC lists from them are appreciated. Other than the excessive banter I’d say their vids have been among my favorites, over the years.

I’d also say 1 hr max, and very rare these days. I used to watch a lot of them over the years, but nowadays I feel like I always have something better to do than watch a battle report.

I’ll also also echo the appreciation for cutting all the fat. I have yet to see a “personality” I want to see or hear as opposed to just wanting to see the game, though a little friendly banter is good.

I often skip the army mustering section. As much as such a segment helps explain armies and rules I don’t know, I find I don’t actually care. Would rather just see it play out, and watch videos from Auspex Tactics or Goonhammer articles for rules.

For me it's not about the length of a batrep, but the production quality and the content offered.

I don't mind short batreps, IF they are well cut, you can follow the game, doesn't leave out important parts and has NO unneccessary cut aways to trash talking and "interviews" and such annoying things.
Most short batreps leave out the dice rolls (ok), and the movement part (not ok). Don't show the players moveing their armies, but at least give a quick summary with arrows or other indicators, what did move where.

The other end of the spectrum are the 3-4+ hour long uncut streams, which are okay, but get tiresome after a while, because it devolves into the players just goofing around. Also I don't like it if streams are longer because the players have to look up rules or have stupid rules discussions.

The other thing I really, really want to see is a narrative series of batreps that follows a crusade from 25-150 PL with all of the connecting story bits.

I have no idea why no one has done this yet- it seems like such a no brainer.

WH+ batreps are cool... But I expected more. My fave so far was the the AoD themed batrep, because THAT is the kind of stuff I wanted from the series- stories told via games rather than just... games.

I can't remember the youtuber but one channel had a bat rep for four and three quarter hours. Who does anything for four and three quarter hours!?

Other than cricket I can't think of any TV progamme that would last for 4 and 3 quarter hours without interruption.

20 - 40 mins

What's the saying? "Perfection is achieved not when nothing more can be added, but when nothing more can be removed"

I don't mind a YouTube video that's long but makes decent progress. Nothing more annoying than watching someone prattling on about nothing for over 15 minutes and a die hasn't even been rolled! Edited by Captain Idaho