Lords of War

Malakithe

I think there's an argument to be made about the Killtanks. They aren't that expensive, have a strong gun, good melee, and moderate durability.

But all the Lords of War suffer from the KFF becoming 6++, requiring three to gain a clan trait, not having stratagem support, and not having some sort of buff they can get. They're all just a bunch of wounds with decent guns and mid-level melee, at a lot of points. I was using a Morkanaut and a Gorkanaut before 9th and then again before the codex, and they've gotten consistently worse; losing shoot twice from Dread WAAAGH! being ineligible and then being moved to LoW. Also, for some reason, the Gorkanaut lost an attack despite going up in points. I don't think the extra wounds make up for the negative changes.

I'd be willing to give Killtanks a shake, but I'm not very excited about our LoWs at all.

I think there's an argument to be made about the Killtanks. They aren't that expensive, have a strong gun, good melee, and moderate durability.

But all the Lords of War suffer from the KFF becoming 6++, requiring three to gain a clan trait, not having stratagem support, and not having some sort of buff they can get. They're all just a bunch of wounds with decent guns and mid-level melee, at a lot of points. I was using a Morkanaut and a Gorkanaut before 9th and then again before the codex, and they've gotten consistently worse; losing shoot twice from Dread WAAAGH! being ineligible and then being moved to LoW. Also, for some reason, the Gorkanaut lost an attack despite going up in points. I don't think the extra wounds make up for the negative changes.

I'd be willing to give Killtanks a shake, but I'm not very excited about our LoWs at all.

Yeah its disappointing really. And of all the orky vehicles I would think they are the most ramshackle of all yet dont have the rule.

Do they need to be in the super heavy detachment to be used as transports or can a single one in a auxiliary work? 

Yeah its disappointing really. And of all the orky vehicles I would think they are the most ramshackle of all yet dont have the rule.

Do they need to be in the super heavy detachment to be used as transports or can a single one in a auxiliary work? 

They can be used as transports no matter what detachment you can get them in. They still gain the <Clan> keyword, just not the detachment rule that gives the clan kultur.

They can be used as transports no matter what detachment you can get them in. They still gain the <Clan> keyword, just not the detachment rule that gives the clan kultur.

If thats the case then maybe ill play around list building with some Kill Tanks as a transport for my meganobz and megaboss