JPs for Primaris CC-units in 2022?

Majkhel

Soooooo, with new "Gravis Fighting Styles" (https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/0Cd856c5Bsgn60gu.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3QQwu3daXKEHKc0nUqgA_Qyfs0Z25UgrdeDm3E2VxGLuVjNW3W7thpRfw) will we be getting CC Inceptors after all? :teehee:

Daydreaming: Not entirely sure about the "up to a maximum of 3" rule, but would dual-chainsword build would let them dish out like 37 attack on the charge (43 in Assault doctrine) for a 6-man squad if I count that right?

One can dream! That is by far one of my all time favorite generic models they have done. The new tech marine and cloaked chaplain being the others.

Soooooo, with new "Gravis Fighting Styles" (https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/0Cd856c5Bsgn60gu.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3QQwu3daXKEHKc0nUqgA_Qyfs0Z25UgrdeDm3E2VxGLuVjNW3W7thpRfw) will we be getting CC Inceptors after all? :teehee:

Daydreaming: Not entirely sure about the "up to a maximum of 3" rule, but would dual-chainsword build would let them dish out like 37 attack on the charge (43 in Assault doctrine) for a 6-man squad if I count that right?

One can dream! That is by far one of my all time favorite generic models they have done. The new tech marine and cloaked chaplain being the others.

Oiph, I really hope they don't just copy paste that rule into every gravis unit. It clearly needs reworking if its meant to be, and considering the cost of Outriders, I wouldn't really expect this new unit to be very appealing, as it would be almost identical, stat wise.

Oiph, I really hope they don't just copy paste that rule into every gravis unit. It clearly needs reworking if its meant to be, and considering the cost of Outriders, I wouldn't really expect this new unit to be very appealing, as it would be almost identical, stat wise.

I mean, fly still has value. And scaling buildings is also very important by a flat ground level comparison that can't charge up.

I mean, fly still has value. And scaling buildings is also very important by a flat ground level comparison that can't charge up.

I agree, but for Blood Angels specifically, i don't know where a gravis Fly unit with chainswords and gravis fighting styles would fit in compared to what we already have.

For us specifically, it would  be almost equivalent to our first born jump pack DC.

Inceptor- 2 attacks base, 1 attack shock assault, 1 attack T3, 1 attack chain sword, 2 attacks gravis fighting style= 7 attacks - Cost:??????

DC Intercessor- 3 attacks base, 1 attack shock assault, 1 attack T3, 1 attack chain sword, 1 attack Black Rage = 7 attacks- Cost: 22ppm x 5= 110pts

DC First Born+JP- 2 attacks base, 1 attack shock assault, 1 attack T3, 1 attack chain sword, 1 attack Black Rage = 6 attacks - Cost:23ppm x 5=115pts

EDIT: on further thought, for non BA (and probably SW's) I could see a copy paste of the gravis fighting style rule tacked on to an Inceptor melee unit being appealing, IF the kit included all three weapon options. They would essentially be the Primaris replacement for Vanguard Veterans. they would essentially be a tradeoff of having T5, 1-2 more attacks and Transhuman, versus the First Born 12" move, Storm Shield and Thunder Hammer.

Edited by Djangomatic82

I agree, but for Blood Angels specifically, i don't know where a gravis Fly unit with chainswords and gravis fighting styles would fit in compared to what we already have.

For us specifically, it would be almost equivalent to our first born jump pack DC.

Inceptor- 2 attacks base, 1 attack shock assault, 1 attack T3, 1 attack chain sword, 2 attacks gravis fighting style= 7 attacks - Cost:??????

DC Intercessor- 3 attacks base, 1 attack shock assault, 1 attack T3, 1 attack chain sword, 1 attack Black Rage = 7 attacks- Cost: 22ppm x 5= 110pts

DC First Born+JP- 2 attacks base, 1 attack shock assault, 1 attack T3, 1 attack chain sword, 1 attack Black Rage = 6 attacks - Cost:23ppm x 5=115pts

EDIT: on further thought, for non BA (and probably SW's) I could see a copy paste of the gravis fighting style rule tacked on to an Inceptor melee unit being appealing, IF the kit included all three weapon options. They would essentially be the Primaris replacement for Vanguard Veterans. they would essentially be a tradeoff of having T5, 1-2 more attacks and Transhuman, versus the First Born 12" move, Storm Shield and Thunder Hammer.

personally in my limited experience playing 9th our DC have been extremely underwhelming doing jack squat in games, meanwhile my aggressors have performed ok-awesome.

Max of 26 (32 in assault doctrine), though that's with all hits (4+ to hit), all wounds (likely 2+), and no saves (variable). This all assumes charging. Edited by Paladin777