Upcoming changes to secondaries or how they work?

tetsuhau

Was at a tournament this weekend and chatting to another player mentioned I was waiting on cyber Wolves for objective grabbers. He was like uhh don't do that, it won't work that way anymore with all the changes coming. Didn't have time to really dive into what he meant got called to a table and missed him at day's end so I'm just wondering if anyone can explain? Are there changes coming?

Yes and no. A lot of secondaries are staying fairly similar to what they were with so far notable ones being the ones you see regularly like Retrieve Octarius Data (Formerly Deploy Scramblers) which is now becoming Retrieve Nachmund Data (which points to possible return to the aftermath of the Vigilus campaign). The change there being it is no longer certain you unit does it as performing the action then lets you roll a die: If you roll less than the number of models in the unit trying the action, it succeeds (can't remember if equals also counts), only boost to this is if the unit is a Troops choice then they get a -1 to the roll (so they are more likely to land it, even if smaller in squad size. Likely not to hurt elite armies too much).

I believe Engage on all Fronts is also getting changed to having the requirements for units to count for it being Monster, Vehicle OR (the big part) a unit with a model count of 3 or more to count as valid.

These changes make it so you can't just have cheap, small deep strikers or cheap, small uber fast units dart around the board and hover up points each turn with no risk. It now means knocking a unit down a few notches it valid now, as the units like your wolves could often become 1 model left then run behind some terrain and keep getting you points for engage on all fronts or if it were an infantry model, perform their best Baseball slide into a table quarter and do Octarius Data, at which point they got their job done with no ability to counter play.

A lot changes seem focused on making it so bringing action monkeys is not as valid anymore. You will have to actively work for those objectives a little more while also having more options against them. They also, I believe, made a couple of the kill objective secondaries slightly better overall. Not like major buffs but minor changes to help the objectives feel like they are valid picks and not specifically meant for exactly one army archetype.