Help Needed with Mission Design

General Zodd

Hi all, I’m in the process of writing a mission pack for a narrative event I’m running in Northern Ireland in early February.

There will be up to 7 different tables, depending on attendance, each with a unique terrain set up and mission. Players will need to bring one 1650 roster and one 1250 roster to use, depending on the scenarios they’ll play.

I’ve based most of the scenarios off the “historical” missions in the campaign books, with a few tweaks here and there to make them more user friendly, or to fit the overall narrative.

The help I need is with play testing the missions before Feb so I can make any tweaks needed. My local play group is mostly made up of the people I’m hoping will be attending, so as not to spoil their enjoyment too much, I’d appreciate some outside help!

If you’d be interested and have time to give a mission or two a try and give me your thoughts, please drop me a PM and I’ll email or copy something into the chat for you to give a go.

Many thanks in advance!

Sounds great. I don’t think I’ll get 1250 points ready in time to give you feedback, but maybe *after* the event you’d be happy to post them? Maybe we could start a new thread where we all can post our mission designs as a resource for the community?

I have also been toying with the idea of designing short campaigns and acting as the (virtual) GM - ie letting players play games in their local group and then reporting back results and strategic actions, so it would work like an ordinary campaign but with a bit more mystery.