Hello B & C

Hello everyone!

I am returning to 40k having dipped my toe in back in my teens.

To date that comment, I had the Rogue Trader rulebook, Compendium, the two Chaos books, Space Marine, as well as the first edition Space Hulk and subsequent expansions.

I was more interested in the painting than the gaming, mainly as I only had my Dad to play against with Space Hulk. I loved Space Hulk. With limited funds and a magpie attraction to new stuff, I was never going to pull a proper 40k army together but I loved making up army lists just for fun.

Fast forward thirty-ish years and a friend wanted to get involved with table top gaming based in another universe - as long as I painted the miniatures. So I went to my local GW store, loaded up with paint and brushes and was gifted a free Space Marine - uh oh, here we go.

BDC021EF-9608-44A4-BCF2-D71920C74B93.jpg

Here's my free marine, currently WIP, alongside one of my original Marines. Digging through my old stuff I came across my first attempt at a conversion

93650992-2394-4EB0-8CAA-527965ED4DDE.jpg

I think I need to dust it off a little! And my current avatar is a Chaos Terminator in a Nurgle scheme. About as good as I got.

77DBA405-6C96-471C-9310-17C273748C8D.jpg

Where to go from here? Finish that free Marine, for a start!

Perhaps build an army in the scheme of my original machines though they weren't affiliated with any legitimate chapter.

I've bought the Space Marine Codex to get into some background and then I somehow managed to buy a battleforce to go with it.

While I work out what to get up to, I have a HUGE amount of catching up to do. I have been browsing the fantastic and inspiring work on here and I'm on the fifth book of the heresy series.