=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

]

These Necrons look awesome. Great work!

2 questions: Which colour do you use for your rust? And which grass tufts are you using? I like the burned grass look.

Thanks! The tufts are Army Painter Deadlands tufts.

The rust is a layered technique I found when looking into the Gaslands game, designed to look like the area is actively rusting:

Citadel Typhus Corrosion base, the layer of Reaper Auburn Shadow, Reaper Rust Brown, Reaper Orange Brown, then a stipple of Citadel Ryza Rust. Typhus Corrosion has some sand in it, so it makes a good base for the rust to look textured.

I, andes, have absolutely no idea if I'll finish this in a single month but am willing to give it a shot... for the month of January, I pledge a Forgeworld Gargantuan Squiggoth:

No meaningful progress on this, I'm afraid. I'm taking a break from full-tilt hobbying. Once I catch my breath, I'll be back with guns brushes blazing but until then I'm just an admiring spectator.

Edited by andes

So... Nearly half way through the month and I haven't vowed... Need to fix that:

To begin the month of February I, Brother Argent, vow to paint 7 Plague Marines and base the other 3 (painted in last year's challenge) of my DIY Nurgle Renegades, the Angels of Decay, by Month's end:

gallery_36568_17249_353732.jpg

So, this is a sort-of What If? Challenge entry. I got a bunch of Palanite Enforcers/Subjugators for Xmas to add to my Inquisition pile of random stuff, and decided to make them into members of the Black Sentinels. Since not much is known about the Sentinels, and there are no rules for them, I decided to go slightly overboard and create rules for four units (basically making an entire army...). Not super worried about whether or not this counts for the challenge, just did it because I was interested and slightly bored at work.

Black Sentinels

As the armed forces of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, the Black Sentinels provide the Imperium with a professional force of psyker-hunters, jailers, and executioners. They, along with the Sisters of Silence, crew the infamous Black Ships and are the sole guardians of the Telepathica's Terran fortress, the Obsidian Keep. Trained in a similar manner to the Tempestus Scions, Black Sentinels go through intense psycho-indoctrination and mind wipes to combat the horrors of the warp that untrained psykers can unleash. Armed with advanced carapace armor, bespoke firearms with anti-psyker ammunition, and even noctilith weapons, the Black Sentinels are among the most well equipped of the Imperium's mortal forces. Since the opening of the Cicatrix Maledictum, the Black Sentinels have been seen more and more on the battlefields of the Imperium, battling the hordes of warp-tainted psykers alongside such legendary figures as the Grey Knights and Adeptus Custodes.

Admonisher
A Black Sentinel Admonisher is a veteran of many Black Ship cruises and extraction deployments. Using their experience, the Admonisher directs his fellow Sentinels in the arts of psyker capture, containment, and execution.

r4Meons.jpeg

PgxxXYe.jpeg

Black Sentinel Squad
Every Setinel starts out in the humble infantry squad. The basic Sentinel squad can be configured for a variety of roles, whether that is crewing a Black Ship armed with shotguns and shock batons, or going on an elimination patrol equipped with bolters and sniper rifles.

ZjaiczZ.jpeg

qtTzQkM.jpeg

Black Sentinel Chastisers

Chastisers are deployed when the Inquisition or Adeptus Astra Telepathica find a rogue psyker of exceptional strength. Their Dominion shields are infused with shards of psychic-nullifying noctilith, and armed with heavy shock mauls and short-pattern grenade launchers, they are a deadly foe.

P89w1YJ.jpeg

ewD93Bi.jpeg

Black Sentinel Warders
The guardians of the Obsidian Keep, Warders are rarely seen outside of its dark halls. Their Noctilith spears are the signature weapon of the Black Sentinels, the eerie black crystal head suppressing the warp energy of psykers. Dedicated to guarding the Keep, when deployed on a battlefield Warders are the natural counter to such enemies as Aeldari farseers and Chaos cultists.

i741xqq.jpeg

Working on getting these guys ready- just received the stubcarbines and my spears are shipping, so I'll update this when they are made.

Enjoying my days off work. :biggrin.:

Finished that Venomcrawler. Finally. It had been ages in the making. :biggrin.:

Venomcrawler1.jpg

I think I now have a go at my counts-as Maulerfiend.

I know, AoS model, but I think when painted up in my colours, he will fit in perfectly with my Night Lords army (which is mainly about skulls and gore...)

Maulerfiend.jpg

Edited by Valkia the Bloody

Okay, been distracted by AoS stuff for a wee wghile, so somewhat of a late start this month.

Rolled this uyp on the randomiser, and luckily it was from the one month I actually got the free monthly mini! What a happy coincidence!

2nd Month Of Hobby

Ahem...

I, Anticontrarian embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete one Grey Knight by month's end.

And as my free time off work comes to an end, I finished up that Maulerfiend.

I pretty much speed-painted him, however, I still think that drybrushing makes bones look most realistic and gives the best effect for bleached and worn old bones.

Now he stands ready to smash some skulls in service of his pirate masters.

Maulerfiend5.jpg

i RECEIVED my Dark Angels Secret Santa today, boy am I stoked....

So, somehow I managed to miss twopounder's last post, and when I opened the box, I was truly gob-smacked.....

gallery_48988_6285_194559.jpg

gallery_48988_6285_206185.jpg

and even the box was excellent

gallery_48988_6285_12320.jpg

Awesome work :thumbsup:

Thats nice....:thumbsup:

And progress for the weekend.....I've been distracted and working on another army this week. I did manage to get the Nuln oil wash done after doing the rest of the basing.

gallery_26778_16349_9066.jpg

(Ignore the old cannoness, She is there to remind me to finish her and put her on display...she is retired after 25 years of fighting on the tabletop)

gallery_26778_16349_341863.jpg

Nice colour scheme on those Sisters' walkers - I really like the green-blue shoulders against the white.

I'm a little late to the party this month, but here's my February vow:

genestealers

I, Rogue, vow to complete two genestealer purestrains before the end of February.

These will take me to two broods of ten, with one more brood unpainted (for when I can motivate myself to paint genestealers, which is tricky. I don't know why, but I really don't enjoy painting them, at all.)

I played around a bit more with my colorshift paints.

I spend too much time on ebay looking for Warhammer bargains, so I got a Alpha Legion Praetor for really cheap because he was a broken mess (I don't mind putting broken messes back together).

As I suspected, "Psychotic Illusions" works well with Alpha Legion, but of course also goes well with Thousand Sons.

"I am Alpharius. I have started to hide in between some loyalists. They do not suspect a thing." :p

alpharius3.jpg

alpharius-and-loyalists.jpg

And so my first Feb vow is complete:

gallery_36568_17249_255055.jpg

Sorry again for the bad pic. Just too lazy at the moment to get out the proper camera. Maybe I shall attempt to get a less grainy pic later.

But for my next trick I shall move onto a vow of 11x Grots:

gallery_36568_17249_61861.jpg

I, Conscriptboris, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2022, and for the month of February pledge to complete 1 x Terminator for the First Legion by month's end.

A quick entry to get February in, where does the time go!

1st Legion Terminator

Conscriptboris

WALLS FAIL, FIST DO NOT

Got some Son's of Dorn in your Pile'O'Shame? Why not get started with them, event runs until April 24th, click the banner to make a vow and get started

gallery_45765_12339_91132.jpg

I, Grotsmasha, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete Tor Garadon by 24th April 2022.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

gallery_48988_17280_186395.jpg