=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

Late to the party as per usual, but I appear to found a second wind to painting figurines, let's see how long it lasts.. Hope this isn't too late.

I, Skywrath , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete Trajann Valoris by month's end. 

And here he is!

4aBIJ1b.jpg
M9MwoYp.jpg
M9MwoYp.jpg
tkWlfDv.jpg
XQ4jryB.jpg

White robes are a bit of a mess, mostly because of my inexperience shading white, and the eagle sadly. Overall, he's miles better than my previous incarnation. Pretty happy with his Axe, and the silver engravings, and the gems.

And here is my vow for my next month - 5 Custodian Wardens (one is already mostly done, just need to do his axe head which snapped off at the last moment sadly).

C316e2U.jpg

Progress update!

I've completed most of my vow for this month, but still have my Terminators to paint this weekend.

5x Necron Warriors, fully painted.

51847168643_9fd5618ccd.jpg

2x Chaos Space Marines Lascannons - built up highlights on the Lascannons, and painted one of the Lascannons black. Also added heat effect to the ends of the barrels.

51847171723_d909d5dd79.jpg

1x Space Marine Lascannon, building up the highlights, and 1x Space Marine Devastator with Lascannon fully painted. Added heat effect to end of barrel on both. You can see the difference between the two, I've only recently begun working in edge highlighting to my painting style.

51847168898_f3d8d75217.jpg

4x Lascannons on a Chaos Space Marine Predator. I also added hazard stripes to the side sponsons, and took the turret and sponsons off the Predator in order to fully magnetize the model.

51847110131_c078277f37.jpg51847429784_5580b6e449.jpg

Two revisited Ultramarines Honour Guard, trying out some Scale75 Tesla Blue for more vibrant Ultramarine armour, redoing the weapons and adding power weapon effects, repainting the gold with my new recipe, and adding edge highlights to the models. Also redid the red cape on one.

51847433854_9a9aebfb42.jpg51846139012_e9e1936095.jpg

I've also managed to fully varnish my app. 2,000 points of Iron Warriors (except a few Obliterators I need to do the skin for), and applied transfers to about a half dozen models that needed some love.

Late to the party as per usual, but I appear to found a second wind to painting figurines, let's see how long it lasts.. Hope this isn't too late.

I, Skywrath , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete Trajann Valoris by month's end. 

And here he is!

4aBIJ1b.jpg

M9MwoYp.jpg

M9MwoYp.jpg

tkWlfDv.jpg

XQ4jryB.jpg

White robes are a bit of a mess, mostly because of my inexperience shading white, and the eagle sadly. Overall, he's miles better than my previous incarnation. Pretty happy with his Axe, and the silver engravings, and the gems.

And here is my vow for my next month - 5 Custodian Wardens (one is already mostly done, just need to do his axe head which snapped off at the last moment sadly).

C316e2U.jpg

Good to have you back :tu:

Looking nice, the plasma pistol equivalent should probably be an ion pistol and not a pulse pistol (especially as I believe that there are actual pulse pistol stats in the game).

No onager hammer for the Shas’vre?

Is there a premade template for the data card or did you make that from scratch?

Looking nice, the plasma pistol equivalent should probably be an ion pistol and not a pulse pistol (especially as I believe that there are actual pulse pistol stats in the game).

No onager hammer for the Shas’vre?

Is there a premade template for the data card or did you make that from scratch?

Have altered it to Ion Blast Pistol

Must've been working off of an old dataset, I guess it doesn't have all the options....

It's a blank template I googled, that I've modified.

sml_gallery_48988_15094_627.png

My submission to the What If? Challenge+, model to follow

*SNIP*

Just need to add in reworded Angels of Death special rules to complete the Datasheet

My only complaint on this is that XV25 is taken by the current Stealth suit unit. Otherwise nice work.

I will be basing the model on the XV25, so just went for that number, but I will be converting it, so a new number can be on the cards. I'll look into it :tu:

Starting to loose motivation, so for next months vow Ill finish what I dont do this month, I paid full price for that bloody Knight and Be'Lekor, so Im gonna finish the bloody things even if it kills me!!!! 

sml_gallery_48988_15094_627.png

What if... Adeptus Astartes had Genestealer Cult Neophyte Hybrids?

Human chapter serfs perform the duties and tasks that Battle Brothers are too few or important to do. Menial tasks, medical support, armoury duties, crew and officers of the Astartes fleet vessels. When their masters go to war, these mortal men and women have always been expected to help defend the fortress-monastary, outposts, and ships they serve, their homes.

With the opening of the Cicatrix Maledictum many chapters are stranded in the Dark Imperium, nearly entirely cut off from the Emperor's light and aid. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and now these fanatically loyal servants are called upon to help carry the endless war against the alien, the mutant and the unclean. Trained and equipped for fleet boarding actions in the deep void, to defend the walls of the Astartes fortresses or even send landing parties down to hostile planets, I give you - Chapter Armsmen.

JdIy6Pk.png

I've based them on the brand new 9th ed GSC neophyte hybrids datasheet, bar the chapter icon trait - the old one seemed much more thematic. I've dropped a couple of options (webbers, power pick) in exchange for upgunning the heavy stubber to an ironhail - I figure the Primaris brought more than enough for everyone! And swapped autoguns for las weapons based upon the Angels of Death series. The rest is just renames.

I figure the Petty Officer would wear a navy officer coat ala Angels of Death, but I didn't really like that ratings, armsmen and other non-officer crew also wore the same coat (I guess it was easier to re-use the same bodies for animation). Plus I've yet to find anything at all close model wise I could use that has the side coat buttons and divers shoulderplate. So I'll be basing the armsmen on a slimline voidsuit with as close a helmet as I can get - I have a couple of 3d printed designs nearly ready, which I'll hopefully be able to show soon. I think they should also be doable with plastic hybrids with alt heads, or some necromunda models.

I will of course be painting mine as Blood Angels.

I used this template to make the datasheet; it's not identical to 9th ed ones, but eh, close enough.

edit: forgot the altered definition of Unquestioning Loyalty!

Unquestioning Loyalty

Chapter serfs are so loyal to the Astartes they serve that they do not hesitate to sacrifice themselves to protect their leaders.

Each time a saving throw for a <CHAPTER> Character model from your army is failed, you can select one other friendly <CHAPTER> model with this ability within 3" of that Character model and take an Unquestioning Loyalty test. To do so, roll one D6, adding 1 to the result if that Character model is a Chapter Master; on a 4+, the test is passed and that Character model does not suffer damage. Instead, the friendly model you selected is destroyed and the attack sequence ends.

Edited by Arkhanist

Starting to loose motivation, so for next months vow Ill finish what I dont do this month, I paid full price for that bloody Knight and Be'Lekor, so Im gonna finish the bloody things even if it kills me!!!! 

You can do eeettt !!!!!

Personally, the big stall on Be'lakor was I let the model "build its importance" in my mind and procratinated with it. In reality, it wasn't really anymore complex than the Daemon Prince I painted in an afternoon, just more of it. Be'lakor took me ~3 months...... 

May as well add a quick progress update while I'm at it.  I applied a second basecoat to the red areas a couple of days ago, and gave them all a heavy Nuln oil wash, then left them to dry until today!  lol

After posting that I was not going to give up, I decided to take an hour and build the red areas back up through my base color and to my final red.  

Initial pledge photo:

wPdUZDd.jpg

Reds finished on the prows (still have to do the rear fins on the Battle Barge.  

4LLGdzd.jpg

I've decided no more Deathwing painting until these are finished!  

You can do eeettt !!!!!

Personally, the big stall on Be'lakor was I let the model "build its importance" in my mind and procratinated with it. In reality, it wasn't really anymore complex than the Daemon Prince I painted in an afternoon, just more of it. Be'lakor took me ~3 months...... 

Its mostly the skin tone thats making me procrastinate, I'm doing mine white. :lol: I have never gotten on with painting white skin before, and Be'Lakor has a lot of skin. Doesnt help that I went a bit too hard with the washes, so I need to re do a lot of work. 

May as well add a quick progress update while I'm at it.  I applied a second basecoat to the red areas a couple of days ago, and gave them all a heavy Nuln oil wash, then left them to dry until today!  lol

After posting that I was not going to give up, I decided to take an hour and build the red areas back up through my base color and to my final red.  

Initial pledge photo:

wPdUZDd.jpg

Reds finished on the prows (still have to do the rear fins on the Battle Barge.  

4LLGdzd.jpg

I've decided no more Deathwing painting until these are finished!

Just remember anything not Completed can be reviewed to a later month.

Looking great too, btw :tu:

Looking great too, btw :thumbsup:

Thanks!  Just to confirm, If they are finished before the end of Day, Feb 02, it still counts as complete though?  If so, I'm confident I can still pull these off!

Looking great too, btw :tu:

Thanks!  Just to confirm, If they are finished before the end of Day, Feb 02, it still counts as complete though?  If so, I'm confident I can still pull these off!

Yep, end of day Feb 2nd counts for Feb :tu:

Vow completed, Overlord done in less than 24 hours. Bonus, the new blue paint I found (GSW's metallic Neptunus Blue), is pretty damn spot on for the other blue and is so much better in coverage/ease of use.

YMgDrwC.jpeg

v3NXC9i.jpeg

CX1GBAt.jpeg

I applied a second basecoat to the red areas a couple of days ago, and gave them all a heavy Nuln oil wash

There is no such thing as a heavy nuln oil wash, only "adequate amounts" lol

As long as no one spills it and decides to share a picture saying 'Oopsie I spilldeded my Nuln Oil uwu' like most people on FB (I mean c'mon, most normal people would try to save the ink, not take a whole fashion shoot with it :lol: or do I just think differently to others?)  then everything is adequate with that stuff... Love it. :wub: 

So I've had these done for over a week but was saving posting them till I figured out what I was going to try to bash out for a Speed Demon, as I was hoping to get one done a month. My plan was/is to try for a Seriously and a Speed Demon every month, and hoping for an Artificer or two and hoping to get one Favorite for the year. At this point I don't see how I can get a Speed Demon for the month so I will settle with what I have done.

So, improving but still crappy photos away:

gallery_36568_17249_25401.jpg gallery_36568_17249_26545.jpg

Probably should have zoomed out a bit but eh, they will work. I actually finished them but bases in the 24hrs, but then saw that one of the conditions this year is based so...

I have also started on some of my Plodding Along vow, working on these:

gallery_36568_17249_57636.jpg

Been working on them for a bit and close to getting them done. My only problem is my tendency to over detail, even terrain.

Good work everyone and keep them completions coming.