=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

I, andes, have absolutely no idea if I'll finish this in a single month but am willing to give it a shot... for the month of January, I pledge a Forgeworld Gargantuan Squiggoth:

squiggoth_kit.thumb.jpg.44f4e7240aaa3e32adbcb2b0fa801677.jpg

Edited by andes
fixed broken image link

I have some more progress to report-

I finished Khârn the Betrayer tonight! :D

What an awesome dynamic model.

Sadly, my holiday is over and my day job and work start up again....

so I am not sure how I will manage with further progress.

But I will be plotting along. ;)

Kharn1.jpg

After a wash out at the very start of last year, and little hobbying since, I'm getting back into it and of course this is a perfect opportunity for it! Thank you as always Grotsmasha for putting this together, maybe this year I'll even manage a model every month - I can dream, right? :tongue.:

I, Aeternus of the VIIIth, embark on the 2022 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete a Night Lords Contemptor Dreadnought for the armoury of the Legion by month's end.

IMG-20220101-204158-01.jpg

Edited by Aeternus

After a wash out at the very start of last year, and little hobbying since, I'm getting back into it and of course this is a perfect opportunity for it! Thank you as always Grotsmasha for putting this together, maybe this year I'll even manage a model every month - I can dream, right? :tongue.:

I, Aeternus of the VIIIth, embark on the 2022 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete a Night Lords Contemptor Dreadnought for the armoury of the Legion by month's end.

IMG-20220101-204158-01.jpg

I really like the conversion.

It is simple, but completely changes the vibe of this model.

I, Arkothosius, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete a single Skitarii Vanguard (Scheme Test Model) by month's end.

Pictures are to follow once I have received my miniatures from the postman tomorrow.

Edited by Arkothosius

I, andes, have absolutely no idea if I'll finish this in a single month but am willing to give it a shot... for the month of January, I pledge a Forgeworld Gargantuan Squiggoth:

http://i.imgur.com/5n96iIDl.jpg

Totally forgot that mini existed, cant wait to see it finished. 

I, Arkothosius, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete a single Skitarii Vanguard (Scheme Test Model) by month's end.

Pictures are to follow once I have received my miniatures from the postman tomorrow.

Welcome to the challenge :tu:   Do you have a particular Forge World in mind, or one of your creation?

Okay, hopefully I can actually stick to this one for the whole twelve months!

First off I'm going to attack something I meant to start back in September, before life intervened, along with one (rather large) impulse buy from last week and a randomised... (rolls dice) Craftworlder! Hoping the Wraith Constructs are nice in the new codex, so I'll pick up a Spiritseer for them to test out a colour scheme.

I'll also be adding a "Plodding Along" goal of getting all of my plastic terrain done at some point as well.

I, Anticontrarian, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of  January pledge to complete Be'Lakor, a Spiritseer and a Reiver Fire Team by month's end.

1st Month Of Hobby - to be completed

(PS - the big guy's a lot less finished than he may look - apart from his chest and one thigh, he's currently just at the "contrast basecoat" level  everywhere else!)

Edited by Anticontrarian

After joining late last year and failing miserably. Here I am again, however starting the New Year/New Challenge;

I, conscriptboris , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete Leviathan Dreadnought by month's end.

Welcome to the challenge conscriptboris, can't wait to see the Leviathan :thumbsup:

I, conscriptboris, have completed my vow for January 2022. 

DreadWing Leviathan Left View

DreadWing Leviathan Left View

Hopefully I will be able to keep ontop of this (I am currently on leave from work at the moment!).

Ill start pulling together for Feb, maybe I can go a bit further than a Dread..

conscriptboris

I, conscriptboris, have completed my vow for January 2022. 

Hopefully I will be able to keep ontop of this (I am currently on leave from work at the moment!).

Ill start pulling together for Feb, maybe I can go a bit further than a Dread..

conscriptboris

That's an awesome and super-fast job!

You can still vow more for January if you like. There are no limitations on how much you can pledge and paint for a month. As far as you manage to do a single mini, it's a success :)

Okay, hopefully I can actually stick to this one for the whole twelve months!

First off I'm going to attack something I meant to start back in September, before life intervened, along with one (rather large) impulse buy from last week and a randomised... (rolls dice) Craftworlder! Hoping the Wraith Constructs are nice in the new codex, so I'll pick up a Spiritseer for them to test out a colour scheme.

I'll also be adding a "Plodding Along" goal of getting all of my plastic terrain done at some point as well.

I, Anticontrarian, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of  January pledge to complete Be'Lakor, a Spiritseer and a Reiver Fire Team by month's end.

(PS - the big guy's a lot less finished than he may look - apart from his chest and one thigh, he's currently just at the "contrast basecoat" level  everywhere else!)

Welcome to the Challenge :tu:

Welcome to the challenge :thumbsup:   Do you have a particular Forge World in mind, or one of your creation?

Thanks Grotsmasha - I will be going for a Forge World of my own devising. A Forge World that is walking the precarious path between inquisitive exploration and techno-heresy, I'm going for a grimdark aesthetic.

That's an awesome and super-fast job!

You can still vow more for January if you like. There are no limitations on how much you can pledge and paint for a month. As far as you manage to do a single mini, it's a success :smile.:

Thank you!

I have a few buckets of old Firstborn armies, and a pile of Meth Spirits. Ill probably spend the rest of the month stripping those to re-convert to HH. Ill be taking it easy lol, maybe later in the year I can be more ambitious.

Hey Grot. Struggling to decide on what to paint next. Would you be so kind as to randomise it for me please? My choices are 30k dark angels, escher, aeldari, death guard, red corsairs. A choice of vehicle of infantry would be appreciated also (obviously not for escher though).

Hey Grot. Struggling to decide on what to paint next. Would you be so kind as to randomise it for me please? My choices are 30k dark angels, escher, aeldari, death guard, red corsairs. A choice of vehicle of infantry would be appreciated also (obviously not for escher though).

So, I've rolled two dice, the first 1-5 for the 5 Factions (in the order you've presented them), and if it's a 6, a vehicle for the faction on the re-roll.

The dice gods called for an Aeldari vehicle :tu:

My participation drifted off towards the end of the year, but the 2021 event contributed heavily to me getting a bunch of stuff painted so I'll join again this year and try and be a bit more targeted!

First off for January, 1x Genestealer Cult Biophagus and Alchemicus Familiar

gallery_84244_15233_198167.jpg

Then a Plodding Along vow, consisting of:

• Asuryani - Farseer Skyrunner
  • Asuryani - Spiritseer
  • Asuryani - Warlock
  • Asuryani - Bonesinger
  • Asuryani - Jain Zar
  • Asuryani - Illic Nightspear
  • Asuryani - Howling Banshees x5
  • Asuryani - Wraithblades x5
  • Asuryani - Support Platforms x2
  • Asuryani - War Walker
  • Asuryani - Wraithlord

That’s me done for the month, time to return them to the shop. If I have time towards the end I might vow some more, but for now I am all out of painting time for a while.

gallery_29932_13153_47173.jpg

gallery_29932_13153_75301.jpg

Lots of impressive pledges already this year, good luck to you all and I look forward to marveling at the finished minis (or not so mini in some cases).