The Seraphim Crusade

BrutusApex

Hello fellow Templars. 

Long time lurker, first time poster. I decided to hop on the Black Templar train when they re-released them. I used to play them back in 4th edition, and I was excited to get back into the army. 

This is my first PLOG here. I hope to do a massive army one day, but for now I'll just settle for my 3000 point Crusade. The Seraphim Crusade. 

This is the army list. I have an altered 2000 point list for regular games also. Nothing crazy competitive. 

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Black Templars) [153 PL, 13CP, 2,997pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [18CP]: 4. Onslaught (201-300 Total PL / 2001-3000 Points) 

Chapter Selection: Black Templars

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: Matched

Unit Filter: Hide Firstborn Units, Hide Imperial Agents, Hide Legends Units

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Revered Repositories [-1CP]

Strategem: Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics

+ HQ +

High Marshal Helbrecht [8 PL, 160pts]

Primaris Chaplain [5 PL, -1CP, 85pts]: 4. Fires of Devotion, Litany of Hate, Rites of War, Skull of Cacodominus, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter

Primaris Chaplain on Bike [7 PL, -1CP, 140pts]: 1. Litany of Divine Protection, 6. Oath of Glory, Chapter Command:  Master of Sanctity, Iron Resolve, Litany of Hate, Oathkeeper, Stratagem: Heir of Sigismund, Tannhauser's Bones, Warlord

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 181pts]
. 8x Assault Intercessor: 8x Astartes Chainsword, 8x Frag & Krak grenades, 8x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Heavy Bolt Pistol, Power fist

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant: Astartes Chainsword

Primaris Crusader Squad [20 PL, 311pts]: Bolt Carbine
. 8x Primaris Initiate w/Auto Bolt Rifle: 8x Auto Bolt Rifle, 8x Frag & Krak grenades
. 2x Primaris Initiate w/Pyreblaster: 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Pyreblaster
. 4x Primaris Neophytes: 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Primaris Sword Brother: Power axe, Pyre Pistol

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [12 PL, 225pts]: 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [11 PL, -1CP, 190pts]: Icon of Heinmann
. 4x Bladeguard Veteran: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted power sword, 4x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Heavy Bolt Pistol, Stratagem: Champion of the Feast, Sword of Judgement

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 180pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 175pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy flamer, Macro Plasma Incinerator

+ Fast Attack +

Attack Bike Squad [6 PL, 180pts]
. Attack Bike: Multi-melta

Outrider Squad [6 PL, 150pts]: Outrider Sgt
. 2x Outrider: 2x Astartes Chainsword, 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Twin Bolt rifle

Outrider Squad [6 PL, 150pts]: Outrider Sgt
. 2x Outrider: 2x Astartes Chainsword, 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Twin Bolt rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Repulsor [16 PL, 310pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Auto Launchers, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Twin heavy bolter

Repulsor [16 PL, 310pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Auto Launchers, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Twin heavy bolter

+ Dedicated Transport +

Impulsor [7 PL, 150pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Bellicatus Missile Array, Multi-melta

++ Total: [153 PL, 13CP, 2,997pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Here's two Repulsors to carry my Assault Intercessors with Helbrecht and my Aggressors. 

Black Templars Repulors

Unfortunately a pretty bad pic of Helbrecht and the Intercessors. 

Black Templars Helbrecht And Intercessors

Heres some very customized Aggressors made from kit bashed Grey Knight Terminators. 

Black Templars Aggressors

Here's my Chaplain and Blade Guard to ride in my Impulsor. I have the Champion of the Feast rocking the Sword of Judgment here. 

Black Templars Blade Guard

Heres the Impulsor I made from the Gladiator. I like it a lot more than the regular Impulsor personally, I don't like how the top is open. 

Black Templars Impulsor

Heres a couple of Dreadnoughts kit bashed from various sources around the internet and my bits pile. 

Black Templars Dreadnoughts

Heres some regular Intercessors and Crusader Squad armed with bolters and flamers.

Black Templars Intercessors

Black Templars Crusader Squad

Finally, my Master of Sanctity leading 2 squads of Outriders and converted Assault Bikes with Multi-meltas. The assault bikes are the only guys in my army who aren't "Primaris". But they have identical profiles to Outriders so I chose to make them using the same model to keep it consistent across the board. 

Black Templars Bikes

I'm onto airbrushing the first layer tonight. Hopefully it won't be too long before an update. 

Gorgeous Repulsors! And I totally agree re: Impulsor, yours looks much better. I really like the Attack bikes too fitting with the Outriders. And the Dreadnoughts, wow! 

Edited by Brother Kraskor

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. 

I painted the first layer of black last night. I gotta start working on the Ivory and highlights for the armour today. I want to finish the airbrush portion of the project before I have to go back to work. 

• 8 months later...

I know it’s been like 9 months, but I have lots of updates.

I’ve finished air brushing the base colours for black and white, and got around to painting up a few squads.

The only thing I need to get around to is airbrushing the plasma/ lantern/ flame glow on some of painted models. 

Here’s some of the models with only the airbrushing completed.

9A2B91C5-2271-4975-9306-363AD3D01126.jpeg

2278AF5B-1CF9-4A79-8454-4F09EB0B2023.jpeg

261BEFAE-1BE8-4049-86C0-0AFD1B38AADF.jpeg

D627AE45-593E-42B4-BE1B-E89191E0404E.jpeg

29ED54DF-3B0B-4605-B8A7-D25CC86E7D11.jpeg

29AEE197-E6BD-4BB7-971E-B23A7555D6F4.jpeg

• 5 months later...