Templar Termies

Prot

So I’ve heard of a few people having a lot of success with terminators. I think even a tournament winner. 

I’m thinking of pulling out some assault Termies for a game but not sure about the validity of it. I’m probably pulling a redemptor dread to try it which makes me reluctant, but I see the Tau stuff and I’m thinking a move to massed infantry and board control might be a good way to go and including some Termies might be a good thing to try. 

Anyngood combos to try here, or general advice on the squad make up?

I played that list in a tournament recently. 40ish Deathwing Terminators with Apothecary and Chaplain. Almost impossible to kill them off if they make it to an Objective. I play all infantry RG Successor and it wasn't pretty. I've been transitioning to a more melee army and while I won't use the Redemptors or Contemptors (modelling choice), was encouraged by the BT player I spent time with results. He didn't win the tournament (Drukhari) but placed in top 5.

I am looking at what mix of Primaris infantry units I can play as BT. I have 20 Assault Intercessors, 12 Aggressors, and 6 Outriders I really think could make the core of a nice BT build.

Terminators are pretty good.

As BBF mentions, you can champion the seargent with -1 damage for a real sponge of a unit, and when combined with prayers they crank out the damage as well. 5+++, +1 attack and full rerolls are really mean when combined with the champion and apothecary support. It absolutely contributed to my wins at the event I went to a few weeks ago.

But that's only really on thss. If you want to go claws, you probably shouldn't use them as your main damage soaking unit. I'm sure you can make a spicy blender champion with bones and remorseless persecution.

I'll also add that I really don't think the teleport and pray concept is good for anything but a non-investment squad. You get so many good defensive tools that you might as well March them up the board and have your opponent try and decide which frustrating unit to shoot at. And mis-allocate when it comes to your icon and crux units.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

You can give one terminator the relic to ignore AP1 and AP2, then make the sergeant your champion of the feast and master craft his hammer. Chaplains can only select litanies from one tree right ? Might be worth taking two.

Is Heinmann worth it for TH/SS Termies? They already effectively ignore AP-1, so it's only doing anything for AP-2. I'd have thought Crux suits them better, keep Heinmann for BGV?

i recently used 10 x assault terminators in a tournament. overkill-i will use merely 8+ apothecary next time.

the setup goes like this:

-sergeant with thunderhammer and champion of the feast

-4-5 thunderhammer terminators , one of them has the crux obsidian for -1damage

-2-3 lightning claw terminators

crux obsidian tanks damage, gets back from apothecary when killed.

sergeant deals damage.

some lightning claws clear out any chaff.

the formation, with apothecary, runs ON FOOT towards the central objectives turn 1. the enemy either hands you all the VPs or... gets closer.

enemy turn, watch where he places; devout push the terminators closer on his turn, and charge second turn.

That's basically what I did too. Brick of 6 up the middle, apothecary behind. The main difference was it was only 6, all with thss, and the seargent had the crux. With 4 wounds, it makes the most sense to give him the damage reduction.

That's basically what I did too. Brick of 6 up the middle, apothecary behind. The main difference was it was only 6, all with thss, and the seargent had the crux. With 4 wounds, it makes the most sense to give him the damage reduction.

Did you find having the 6th Termie was worth the Blast penalty?

Did you find having the 6th Termie was worth the Blast penalty?

Well I didn't run into any blasts expect for the list that swept the event. Can't remember what killed them; might have been the wazbomma, or the copters or one of the buggies units, but they were one of the last things to die and the game was completely over anyways.

Game 2 there were no blasts and the extra guy let me out-grind the scarabs they were fighting for a few turns of combat.

Game 3 there were no blasts and the extra guy didn't really matter. Just by engaging the hive guard they did they job and the champion tanked everything.