Companion

There's an Aeronautica Imperialis Compainion due for pre-order next week

• expanded damage rules
  • new Ace abilities
  • limited ammunition
  • WD content
  • Necron, Edlar, and Space Marine rules

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/01/09/a-massive-battlebox-sees-an-ancient-grudge-reignite-in-this-weeks-sunday-preview/

I’ll certainly get it, and at least one set of necrons… as a rule I don’t buy forgeworld… but it looks like it’s something I really want so…I’ll have to bite the bullet and save the imperial credits, I might make moulds of em (for myself of course) as they’re stupidly expensive and I would like a Necron fleet … but damn I hate their resin with a passion.. :-/

Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Hail!

I will also be getting this book. However - it seems that it does not contain the advanced rules and campaign system, that came in the Rynn's World and Taros Air War books?

As for the Necrons...they do indeed look great! I am tempted to get two packs, as that would probably cover at least 100 points of flying breakfast planes?

@Mithril - I have - over the years - spent quite a bit of time with FW resin; it is not that bad (IMHO). Just clean with warm water and dish washing soap prior to priming them - and prime with a spray, rather than a brush. Any wee bits which are warped, can be fixed with boiling water (mind the finger tips (I speak from experience)).

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Yup, the Necron flyers do look great. Somewhat disappointed that they're not getting a plastic release (just because plastic is easier to work with - especially if you goof and want to strip paint off it - and results in cheaper models for me :smile.:).

The expanded damage rules sound interesting ...

However - it seems that it does not contain the advanced rules and campaign system, that came in the Rynn's World and Taros Air War books?

That would be my interpretation (that GW want you to buy the other books).

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

I'm wondering if they'll have something along the lines of critical hits from BFG (roll a D6 for each point of damage caused and on a 6 it causes additional problems, e.g. -1 ace manoeuvre, can't fire a random weapon, loses some turns' worth of fuel, etc)

Just looked at the pricelist for retailers (click "Order Forms", then "Pricelist UK.xls") and - rather annoyingly - the Companion isn't listed :facepalm:

++EDIT: Apparently this means it's a "direct" product.

It's more that the GW shops don't normally stock "direct" items.  They can be ordered from GW's web site for home delivery/delivery to a GW shop, or ordered to a shop via the in-store order point. Third party retailers can also order them, but they get a smaller discount, so it's a bit pot-luck as to whether they stock them or not (they normally carry 0-10% discount in the UK, vs 10-20% for regular line items).

From the NZ preorder page for Companion, bold emphasize mine.

- Rules for fielding the full force of the Asuryani in games of Aeronautica Imperialis, including four all-new aircraft profiles: Vampire Raider; Vampire Hunter; Nightshade Interceptor, and Hemlock Wraithfighter.

Also this looks prommising (if this was already a thing then I have just missed it before, new to AI).

as well as rules for Looted aircraft for the Orks Air Waaagh! and Gue'Vesa Auxiliary aircraft rules for your T'au Air Caste
Edited by Trokair

- “Rules for fielding the full force of the Asuryani in games of Aeronautica Imperialis, including four all-new aircraft profiles: Vampire Raider; Vampire Hunter; Nightshade Interceptor, and Hemlock Wraithfighter”

I’m guessing that means 2 combo kits (resin) from forge world we’ve seen the Vampire Raider/Hunter pics , I’m surprised to see the mention of the hemlock/ nightshade flyer though !! :-) cool though

Wish they were plastic though …. :-/

Mithril

So, to save people looking at GW's site ...

• Rules for Necrons (3 planes)
  • Rules for the existing Forgeworld aircraft, plus the Eldar Hemlock and Nightshade
  • Full rules for Space Marines, and Eldar
  • White Dwarf content (Tau auxillaries, Ork looted aircraft)
  • Expanded damage rules, new Ace abilities, matched play scenarios, limited ammunition rules
  • Campaign rules

Looking at the images on GW's store, "flame" is mentioned (I assume damage-related), and a "duelling aces" scenario

Price is £15, so a bit less than the previous hard-back books (no e-book version though). :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hail!

I also just checked the tracking link I was sent by GW. Seems that my package arrived last week...they just (again) neglected to tell me. Sigh. Anyhow, that means I will be picking up my Companion later today (along with the Librarian, who will provide mischief in the Blackstone Fortress, as a retinue character), 

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas