Returning Space Wolf Player & B&C Member

Silverwolf

Yo folks,

Old Sons of Russ player returning to the fold after being on haitus since 4th Ed, and old member of these boards! (Mostly Space Wolves section).

I actually picked up a ton of models before I quit playing for a while, and gave away a ~5,000pt Space Wolf army to a friend at the time so he could continue to put them to good use while I built my new army... and then the building bit never happened. Life got in the way.

Now I'm back, and need to tally up what I've got sitting on sprue atm, but it's something like 50+ Marines, LRC, Predator, couple of Drop Pods, and extras.

My one big question coming back; I've always wanted to do True Scale marines (New army was going to be scratch built ones), at a glance Primaris models seem like a great base to do this from - even if not doing as Primaris. Are their shoulder pads / heads the same size (interchangable)? I'm assuming the arms are bigger and would be a non-fit (More GS work, fair enough).

Basically, I'm looking to try and use the tons of stuff I have, but potentially kit-bash with Primaris bodies or something, to turn this new army into some solid looking True Scale marines - or am I simply better off buying Primaris models and bitz boxing standard marine weapons etc for proper WYSIWYG?

Welcome back to the hobby and B&C :tu: Lots of things have changed but the core concepts remain :) Primaris will use the same shoulder pads and heads so you can use them as true scale bases, many have already done so. The rest is not matching up so well, some extra work is likely needed if you want to play there. I'd recommend checking in with the Forge for help and experiences in true scaling :tu: