Hello there - Returning to the hobby

Hello Bolter & Chainsword!

Been something of a lurker on the forums for some months as I had been interested in returning to the hobby after somewhere within the timeframe of 8 years being out of it. I figured I'd start after christmas/into the new year.

With that I'm currently starting Imperial Fists after reading the Siege of Terra series of books thus far and have become a fan of Rogal Dorn. With that a close friend of mine had donated me some Primaris Intercessors to practice painting with before I get to start working on my own miniatures. Which I had recently purchase, that being a box of Primaris Intercessors and a Redemptor Dreadnought that was suggested to me to start off with.

As mentioned a moment ago I had some miniatures donated to me practice painting, so with that I've made a start dabbling with painting some yellow armour:

3dbgsCo.jpg

I look forward to conversing with you all and sharing more as I work on my Imperial Fists.

Hey there,

I'd say somewhat, my friend group all have an artist/art theory background so they'd often share pointers and ideas for me to experiment with every now and again, usually in the space of 3-4 months at a time. However at the time I was mainly practicing with Gunpla model kits after leaving Warhammer around the period 6th edition had been released.

I guess you could say I was somewhat active in the hobby but was not fully in till now if that makes sense.

Edited by InvictusTemplar