Dire Wolf Titan

apologist

Yeah, Malika, any chance you can put something like that up on Cults :biggrin.::wink:

This one will probably never see the light of day. :sad.: Thing is that it was designed for Vanguard Miniatures and includes some parts of which they down the rights. Also note that this one was designed in the scale/size of the older forumware Titans which were somewhere between the old school models and the modern stuff. A single resize to modern Titanicus scale would seriously mess up some of its detailing.

Well, that's a bit depressing. :/ Oh well, you can always start again? Right? :D

I know that Vanguard Miniatures have started work on an Mk2 version. So far there’s only concept art, can’t share it yet though. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Malika, any chance you can put something like that up on Cults :biggrin.::wink:

This one will probably never see the light of day. :sad.: Thing is that it was designed for Vanguard Miniatures and includes some parts of which they down the rights. Also note that this one was designed in the scale/size of the older forumware Titans which were somewhere between the old school models and the modern stuff. A single resize to modern Titanicus scale would seriously mess up some of its detailing.

Reminds me of a design I've done for Vanguard Miniatures a couple of years ago that got rejected. That said, the design was partly designed by the old school Knight Lancers and some Battletech stuff...

That exact head, appropriately re-scaled, might be just the thing!

BTW, did you do that with Blender, or something else?

The head was done in SketchUp actually, been trying to do a version of that head which is more compatible with the Titanicus models.

Here it is on a Warhound body:

WhK9pHx.jpg

And here it is adapted to a Questoris body:

UT7HxJD.jpg

Get that Eagle head scaled to Warhound size stat! Would love to field some Warhawks

• 3 weeks later...

The longer they leave it, the more likely ill get the money to finally start that Audax force im perpetually thinking about :D 

I guess it also boosts the likelihood of third party competition too though? So i imagine FW will get it out as soon as they can.

I haven't like any of the third party versions so far. GDT's isn't horrendous, but the head doesn't work for me.

I think the hardest thing when it comes out, is knowing FW you'll have to choose between the Volcano Cannon and Neutron laser versions. Rather than one coming with both options. (Which probably means 3rd party companies will cash in with swappable turrets!)

So then I'll have to choose between buying one of each or two Neutrons!

I can’t see a lot of point running one with a volcano cannon. It’s a straight downgrade from a plasma/VMB warhound.

My plan is to buy one so I have the terminal and maybe convert a second - or not bother. I don’t like the model enough to buy two.

Eh the concept is ok, its just some of the details that need fixing really, which is why i like a conversion set more as id rather use Warhound feet, carapace (where possible obv) and head for example. I can probably scratch build one at a stretch but im lazy these days :P 

I agree that the feet are the bit that doesn't work for me. It does probably want something more substantial than Warhound feet though. If the legs can be posed in more interesting ways than the one in their photo then I'd be reasonably happy with it as it comes. I can't pretend to be excited by the thing though.

I do worry slightly about what it'll do for the game as well. It probably won't be too outrageous but having your titans shut down is a bit of a downer. It's not as bad as Acastus though.

Edited by Mandragola

I don't get the feet hate, they're more reinforced, which makes sense considering the thing needs to plant itself for recoil reasons.

I think the image has put people off because GW always have to build the model super stock, like the Warmaster with no posing at all, once it's on the wild and a bit of action is posed into it, people will love it.

A lot of their resin kits are fixed pose, or damn awkward to cut up and shift and i would not be surprised if those legs are 1 or 2 part.

The feet look designed to handle recoil (From laser weapons?) but completely awful for traversing any kind of rough terrain, and a solid hit to the sides would knock the titan over, really not a fan.

I like the GDT version... Except the head (like many others).

I think that in the end, a kit-bash approach should provide almost everyone with elements that they can live with.

I don't get the feet hate, they're more reinforced, which makes sense considering the thing needs to plant itself for recoil reasons.

I think the image has put people off because GW always have to build the model super stock, like the Warmaster with no posing at all, once it's on the wild and a bit of action is posed into it, people will love it.

Fair points here. There are a lot of models that I haven't liked until I got hold of them. GW does tend to build titans in the most boring poses possible. But also, things like the Acastus and questoris knights do have fixed, static poses that are very difficult to change. We won't know which we're dealing with till we see these in the wild - which is part of why it's so annoying to have to wait.

Also, I get that more substantial feet are need, but I don't particularly like what they've gone for. It needs stronger legs than a Warhound to carry the extra weight but those feet actually don't look like they spread the load particularly well.