Craftworld Ronnach'latha - Halandaar's Aeldari

Halandaar

So I've just assembled a War Walker for my next Anger and Arrogance vow, and I'm in two minds about how to paint it. The obvious choice would be in the blue/grey "ocean" scheme that the majority of hard armour is already in, but then I wondered about maybe painting it in the grey camo style of the Rangers and Shroudrunners to really emphasize it's recon/advanced positions role.

Any thoughts? 

I think you are on to something there. Definitely camo.

Stick with the camo theme, it's good looking and it'll make the army more cohesive... plus it's really cool :thumbsup:

Cheers both! I like the idea of them roving forward with the Rangers and offering a bit of fire support on scouting missions.

So this is how it came out; bit of pooling on the transparent canopy which is unfortunate, but otherwise very happy with how this came out and how it ties in with my Rangers and Shroudrunners.

gallery_84244_17310_45807.jpg

Of course, today is Codex day and what is probably my single biggest ever haul of minis landed on my doorstep ready for massive Craftworld expansion!

gallery_84244_17310_1154342.jpg

In case anybody has been wondering about the comments regarding close combat weapons on the Guardians sprue, there definitely are enough left-handed melee weapons for you to build a full squad of 10 with pistols and swords, but there are 2 indeed Chainsword arms which are left-handed where the manual says they should be right-handed, and there don't appear to be any valid right arms you can match to them.

Definitely a very strange error, I presume the components were digitally mirrored by mistake when the components were being laid out for the sprue and it wasn't caught before the mold was cut (cynically, this might also be why there are no sprue pics on the Guardians product page which is a notable change from every other product release). With three kits it's not going to cause me a problem personally, as I'm only going to be building a single unit as Storm Guardians, but even so it's a pretty bad QC failure on an otherwise lovely kit.

Your forces are looking great, Halandaar, and I think the grey camo was a good call on that War Walker!

The canopy doesn’t look bad in the picture, I see maybe one or two apparent pooling spots, but truthfully, it kinda makes it look like some kind of arcane HUD the Eldar have to me - maybe they use the triangular targeting reticle and the circular patterns to ID different things or something.  I like the canopy and very cool effort there.

Nice haul on the minis, looks like a good outing for your Craftworld is in the making!

(Crazy about the Guardian sprue, but since I’ll probably only end up with one or two of them, probably won’t be an issue)

The war walker  camo scheme looks great…. It works with the dry brushing  and patterns nicely. 

I’m  putting some guardians together now…. The kit is a dream to work with compared to the old kit. I love these new sculpts. They seem more anatomically correct. 

im jealous of your haul! I ordered some warlocks and couldn’t believe the price, but they look great. 

Camo patterns on the Warwalkers were most definitely the correct way to go, it looks fantastic!

Truthfully, the models I was most looking forward to from the new releases were the Guardians and from the previews etc I've see, they look amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing yours! :biggrin.:

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been chipping away at my Guardians (I always slow down on batch-painting large numbers of troops!) but in the meantime I got by Corsairs from Nachmund and wanted to share the scheme I've come up with for those. I wanted to keep all the same colours from my main force present, but still give them their own distinct look. So here we have the first warrior of the Void Ghosts Corsairs!

gallery_84244_17310_62725.jpg

gallery_84244_17310_1154342.jpg

:wub: what a haul!

So I've been chipping away at my Guardians (I always slow down on batch-painting large numbers of troops!) but in the meantime I got by Corsairs from Nachmund and wanted to share the scheme I've come up with for those. I wanted to keep all the same colours from my main force present, but still give them their own distinct look. So here we have the first warrior of the Void Ghosts Corsairs!

gallery_84244_17310_62725.jpg

Really nice scheme there, works well with the rest of your army and will make a unique unit.

Edited by Xenith

Looks great!,

although i think a brown leather on the Pouches /Holsters and straps may just be enough difference to make them still cohesive but have a unique Corsair vibe...:happy.:

Just my 2 cents, anyways it looks great, are you using storm guardian helmets as well in your corsairs?...are you saving those other heads for something special :wink:

The only helmeted heads in the kit (barring the Warlock-style one) are very Drukhari-looking, so I just mixed in a few Storm Guardian helmets for variety and to make it feel more like the individuals came from different factions. Most of the models use heads from the Corsair kit :smile.:

Great job. Those guardians can really grind you down with all the details.  I think they’re going to look great on the table. 

Cheers! Thankfully I'm not detail-oriented when it comes to painting :biggrin.: