Newly Fallen Heretic

Sylas_Ehlonite

Hello,

So here I am, a new Adepta Sororitas player slowly getting started painting my first units, when I stumble upon MiniWarGaming's Kickstarter for a chaos army. Y'all! It looks so cool, so spikey, so heretical.

I fell in love with the models immediately. I reached out to my LFGS gaming group and confirmed that I can proxy these as World Eaters in local games and tournaments.

I jumped on the Kickstarter and will have pretty much an entire army when they deliver in 8 months. (They keep using the number 8 for everything.) I am a little bit intimidated by all the painting I'm about to have to do but am excited to have an army to play with. I can't believe I just bought an army.

I know it isn't GW plastic, but I hope I can hang out here as I eventually get them painted and used.

Here is the Kickstarter if anyone is interested in seeing what I am talking about. https://gamefound.com/projects/miniwargaming/ravaged-star

Edited by Sylas_Ehlonite

I know it isn't GW plastic, but I hope I can hang out here as I eventually get them painted and used.

Dude I only have about 20 genuine GW minis in my entire Guard army!! :lol: You will be fine. Welcome to the Chaos area of B&C, sorry it smells funny, Nurgle still wont shower. 

Ill check that kickstarter out now, Im curious. 

Those minis are nice - I  look forward to seeing your photos as you paint them in 8 months or so.

My first army was sisters, but I wandered through imperial guard before finding chaos.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Sylas, welcome to the ranks of Khorne!

I too supported the Mini Wargaming Kickstarter. Although I opted for the Possessed proxies for my homebrew Chaos Marine warband, the Warpborn.

Proxies that are easy analogues (as these are) have always been fine at tourneys in my meta.

"Maim! Kill! Burn!"

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I just see this post.

Well, brother, I have joined this Kickstarter as well. I just LOVE Chaos.

These miniatures look awesome.

I mainly got them because I really liked the demon monster set and the possessed looked really cool. So yeah, I went for the most expensive pledge.

Like you, I had a look at the painting videos first, because of my limited skills and these figures look intimidating.

But as you say, drybrushing seems to work quite well, so I should be fine.

I was also thinking of drybrushing (even I can do that), and then going back to the flat armor surfaces and hit them with colorshift chameleon paint- so they really look as if they just stepped out of the warp.

My only worries are:

1) anyone knows how reliable these Mini Wargaming people are? I have heard of enough Kickstarters who never came into fullfillment. I know they do a lot of battle reports and stuff, but producing their own line of miniatures?

2) they can say what they want, but these miniatures are blatantly obvious IP violations. Yes, they look awesome and some of them better than the stuff GW does currently with Chaos. And exactly that could be a problem. This would not be the first time GW shuts down a line of miniatures of "look a likes", and some of the ones GW has shut down already were neither of this quality nor as blatant copies.

So I guess I will only believe in this pledge when I have the actual product in my hands, because a voice in the back of my head is saying "This looks too good to be true".