Legends: Eternal

Schlitzaf

With release of 9th Ed Tau. Another set of legends got….sideways nerfed argueably unintentionally. So this brings me to the topic. I love legends, think legends is good espacially sense GW tended to “OP” legends as a way to keep relavent as power went up. But alot of units now have gotten dusted. And mods feel free to move this to homebrew. But let us pretend Legends remade to a livingish document. What should that mean in my opanion it should be:

If “keywords” or “Chassis” stats are updated (Kroot going from 3 to 4 base strength an innate extra close for example or 1w to 2w for firstborn. Alongside the keyword changed).

Should datasheets get modified to match, any points adjustments? In which case sense this stuff can happen whenever a codex gets updated core chassis ot keywords can be changed. Does Legends truly an “eternal” unchanged? In which case should they not be in the codex.

So to rephrase: if codex changes render unit functionally to be unusable should the unit itself be modified within Legends to fix the new paradigm or left to fade into Legends? My idealized opanion is yes. But thinking in hindsight it better to instead the clause.

“If overtime a legends get rendered unusable or the unit based on ger changed. And players agree to use legends, it should be understood these datasheets should be modified to fit that newer version”

Just the fact that they rendered a bunch of our toys obsolete in matched play I won't give 40k another dime until they bother to fix it. (I'll keep painting my Legends though :lol: )

The cost of an online datasheet with occasional tune ups and FAQs is one I'd be happy to pay as part of CA or similar but we know that ain't gonna happen.

So wallet stays closed.