Disembarking and embarking on transports same turn/

Galron

I am pretty sure you cant, aside from Eldar movement shenanigans, but can you disembark a transport and embark on a new transport that hasnt moved yet? More specifically, Firewarriors in devilfish using their strat bounce forward, disemabarks and then embarks on a new transport and possibly disemabrking. Its silly I know and of limited use but i cant find where it is said it would be illegal.

I don't see why you can't disembark, normal move, embark in the movement phase. 

What strat specifically are you using? Remember that strats cannot affect models within transports, and you cannot disembark outside the movement phase. 

Tau have a new strat that allows up to three devilfish with firewarriors to move then disembark. So in theory move the devilfish, disembark, embark into a waiting devilfish, then move it again. Some people were talking about it in my local group and I cant really see the purpose of chaining devilfish this way unless you are just trying to get to the other side of the board although that means you cant do this until T2 as you have to get the next fish in the relay forward first to be waiting. I am wondering if they expect to be able to then jump out of the 2nd devilfish and shoot?

Oh yea, that strat. I don't really see a use for it. In Mont'ka you get a free 9" move with a fish, then with this strat you get another move + disembark, so fire warriors can be 9+12+3+6 = 30" away from their DZ by the end of T1 movement. 

The rules for transports (under the Embark section) explicitly say that a unit cannot embark on a transport if it has already disembarked from a transport this phase. 

Good catch - I did read that paragraph, must have been a wood for the trees moment.

So no, they can't.