Maschinenpriester's Kill Team 2021 - Death Korps of Krieg

I have recently finished my Octarius Death Korps Kill Team.

I still need to give them names though.

gallery_97882_17316_1555509.jpg

gallery_97882_17316_1868983.jpg

gallery_97882_17316_272561.jpg
gallery_97882_17316_1565921.jpg
gallery_97882_17316_1758206.jpg
gallery_97882_17316_1819328.jpg
I did not have time to play them yet. Hoping for next weekend!
I am planning to make a little selection of scatter Terrain for them. But I don't know when I will have time for that. we recently bought a house so hobbying time will probably plomit for a bit.
C&C Welcome!
Edited by Maschinenpriester

Impressive works. I'd personally use a higher contrast color scheme, but I understand why your regiment used dull colors instead of bright colors that scream, "Shoot me! I'm right here!"- they can't serve the Emperor if they die before completing their tasks, after all.

Impressive works. I'd personally use a higher contrast color scheme, but I understand why your regiment used dull colors instead of bright colors that scream, "Shoot me! I'm right here!"- they can't serve the Emperor if they die before completing their tasks, after all.

Thank you for your critique Bjorn!

Interestingly some of my friends have said the same. I tried some new techniques on these. Usuall my painting style is more cartoony and has higher contrast.

They used to look like that for a bit. Until I put a mix of "Streaking grime" and "Rust streaks" on them. Then I rubbed it off with a cloth. I highlightet them just a tiny bit and added some pigment powder.

I was aiming for a more grimy and "Grimdark" look. That is the nice thing with kill team. I can do little tiny projects and try some new stuff.

Excellent work on the Krieg! I also really like the terrain that you have; it really adds to the immersion of the photos.

What color did you use on the spotter's binoculars? I really like it.

Thanks Shovellovin!

The terrain is part of a demi modular kill team board which is ash wastes themed, whichbis featuring a bunker complex.

The colour is used is Vallejo Model Clor Bronze (70.998). It's a great paint. For the the highlights i did with a little valljo game colour glorious gold.

Edited by Maschinenpriester

Thank you for your critique Bjorn!

Interestingly some of my friends have said the same. I tried some new techniques on these. Usuall my painting style is more cartoony and has higher contrast.

They used to look like that for a bit. Until I put a mix of "Streaking grime" and "Rust streaks" on them. Then I rubbed it off with a cloth. I highlightet them just a tiny bit and added some pigment powder.

I was aiming for a more grimy and "Grimdark" look. That is the nice thing with kill team. I can do little tiny projects and try some new stuff.

I did the same with my Krieg. Streaking Grime is quite fun to use and I needed to test it on something so my kill team became the guinea pigs. I like the gritty look you have gone for.

• 2 weeks later...