FAQ Update

Banjulhu

The Dominion double move is something I wouldn't have even considered from the ability wording, so that's not an issue. 

And the cherub one at least finally settles it, as tournaments had been split in their rulings. 

Honestly, the biggest nerf in the update besides dark eldar is the one to twin lightning claws hidden in the rule book errata. 

The Dominion double move is something I wouldn't have even considered from the ability wording, so that's not an issue. 

And the cherub one at least finally settles it, as tournaments had been split in their rulings. 

Honestly, the biggest nerf in the update besides dark eldar is the one to twin lightning claws hidden in the rule book errata. 

Twin lightning claws are not impacted by the FAQ.  Each weapon grants +1A regardless of being paired or not. Totally different rule than the "if the bearer has 2 of this weapon they get +x attacks".

It affect weapon like killsaw: " Each time the bearer fights, if it is equipped with 2 killsaws, it makes 1 additional attack with this weapon."

Lightning claw is "Each time the bearer fights, it makes 1 additional attack with this weapon." and isn't affected.

Glad that its settled at least, took them long enough! At this point I think our popularity has surged enough now that we are also experiencing the "underwhelming/mediocre" factor that marines have been experiencing in waves since the middle of 8th. Then they got combat doctrines and were pretty busted for a while and then got creeped back down into mid-tier most of current 9th. Honestly, I will accept being about as mid-tier as they are if we can at least be popular enough to be getting supplements, new models, consistent updates, etc. Of course just because you get a lot of looks doesn't mean all of them end up being good. Things are looking a bit grim right now but we had 20 years of borderline unplayability, we will make it through this as well!

At least I can safely stay with my four painted cherubs now, I doubt I will be bringing more than 1 in each squad now due to all the changes.

It's a bad change.

Well well well. It looks like I was absolutely right about the cherubs.

Not really. They just changed the rule to nerf cherubs more. It has very little to do with what the correct interpretation of their terrible rules writing was.

Ya it has nothing to do with sloppy writing that was interpreted both ways; they have it out personally for the sister of battle players and every change has been from pure spite. You personally upset them with your mixed subfaction scheme and using two cherubs in the same phase. 

The fact they had to add wording on it to make it work differently, or universally, means that they had the improper wording on it before.  Sure, take it as vindication a year later, but it wasn't like they came out and said "How could you possibly read it any other way" and instead said "Okay, let's add these words here because we bungled it with the first pass".

Said it elsewhere, but pretty sure this just results in taking Rets with 1 Cherub.  Same cost, just half the boost to the squad (down to 25% upgrade to output instead of 50%).  Both nerfs were not necessary, but it is what we have to work with.  I mean, I guess you can still jam in 2 Cherubs into the squad if you like paying extra points for a trading unit that normally shouldn't be allowed to salvo a second time in the game.

Hard to not get bummed, the last few weeks have definitely felt like a dogpile of "changes" that caught the Sororitas in the blast radius (even if not the intended target).