Anyone using aircraft?

templargdt

As the title asks.  I used to get immense mileage out of my two Storm Talons in my blood ravens army.  I was thinking about fire support while I was working and thought about whether the 5++ in our chapter plus hard to hit might make fliers decent fire support.

Thoughts?

New primaris stormspeeder is also a fast flying thing with 10W, it is 145pts, has 3 melta shots and 2 missile shots. And it is just considered as "borderline playable" in competitive games.

Marine planes have -1hit as aircraft but less firepower...IMO not a good deal. 

In what seems to be an opposite opinion, I have 1 each of the Storm Raven, Talon and Hawk, and depending on the game mostly, I have always found air support to be a crucial component in game. The Raven is expensive, but the Talon or Hawk are great force multipliers if used right. I use the Hawk if the enemy have fliers in the field and the Talon if not to pound ground targets. Yes, they do take hits and get taken out in a lot of cases, but they do an almost equal amount of damage to the opponent beforehand and draw fire away from other things you could be moving to where they need to be. Take one flier in a game and see for yourself.