What is the current status of Ad mech?

Ulfast

So, as many of us know we got a strong codex with several very strong builds and lot of people won several tournaments. but GW has now changed several of our units, everything from higher points, taking out abilities (like core) etc. So what is our current status? I know the amazing Richard Stiegler won LVO with them but without him, it seems Ad mech didn´t do so good any longer. So what is your opinion about Ad mech and the current status? Is it good, bad, what need to be better or tone down?

Top non-Sieglar was 64th at LVO. 700ish competitors? That isnt a bad thing. How many people played ad mech would be a good question to dig into. Considering how many of the top tier players had jumped ship to hotter properties (Druk, Custodes etc), likely had an impact there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerCompetitive/comments/smo6tq/meta_monday_13122_2722/

Some good insights there btw. 64th place finish in a very dense field of 768 players, and only 38 ad mech players. The boogiemen of LVO were over or nearly double that in player count.

Edited by Lukoi

So after reading your post and the link, it seems that we are in a status of ok. We are not the top dog any more and are in fact a little bit lower then the top (which right now seems to be tyranids, custodes and drukhari, with perhaps tau soon). For me that seems like a good place to be in. It seems most of our units can be used to good effects and we don´t really have any "bad" unit that never get used. That is good and shows of an intersting codex. 

But I also think it´s time for GW to stop nerfing us and just let us be. It´s even seems that perhaps some things could use a push (liek dropping some points or similar). Only time will tell.

It´s seems to be that the biggest drawback of our army is the cost as our army is one of the more expensive ones right now and with the coming price hike it will be even more expensive.

So after reading your post and the link, it seems that we are in a status of ok. We are not the top dog any more and are in fact a little bit lower then the top (which right now seems to be tyranids, custodes and drukhari, with perhaps tau soon). For me that seems like a good place to be in. It seems most of our units can be used to good effects and we don´t really have any "bad" unit that never get used. That is good and shows of an intersting codex.

Totally agree with you on this : watched and read lots of BRs and analysis since my return to the hobby, and it is clear that AdMech codex is indeed pretty strong, allowing for good (even excellent) combos if well planned.

But I also think it´s time for GW to stop nerfing us and just let us be. It´s even seems that perhaps some things could use a push (liek dropping some points or similar). Only time will tell.

It´s seems to be that the biggest drawback of our army is the cost as our army is one of the more expensive ones right now and with the coming price hike it will be even more expensive.

Again, 100% ok with this : the nerfs and boosts on points have been pretty hard on us ; I wish we had several dropping on several units that are ultimately used as backbone for comp lists... In almost every batrep I've watched AdMech player was outnumbered...

I don’t think Admech are OK when it comes to tournaments. A 40k savant piloting them to the top in the biggest tournament in the world does not answer for the huge drop off in viability since the two nerfs.

They were too heavy handed with the point increases IMHO.

Part of the real issue is our lack of good units that benefit from CORE. Katapgron CORE feels like it was changed right before the codex was released. Obviously iron strider CORE was considered too powerful.

The entrance cost of admech is lowered. Pre-nerfed 140 robe men build could be nightmare of opponent in games, but building and painting them also could be nightmare of admech players. So they must be nerfed. If scorpius tanks and robots get more chance in future meta, the purchasing cost of admech would be further lowered.