Blood Ravens as successors to specific Chapters?

Go to solution Solved by Halandaar,

Hi! It's been a while. I've gotten back into the hobby recently, and I'm thinking on how I would go about the rules for a Blood Ravens force, if I were to do one.

The question is simple - can you, using Blood Ravens as a faction and still able to take Gabriel Angelos, field Chapter-specific, non-special-character units from one First Founding option or another in the same fashion as a custom or specific Successor Chapter (Librarian Dreadnoughts and Death Company, or Blood Claws and the axe Primaris Lieutenant loadout, or Deathwing Knights and Ravenwing Apothecaries, etc.)?

The main reason I'm asking this is that the default Dreadnought in Dawn of War is actually a Furioso Dreadnought, if you go by its weapons - two CC weapons, can upgrade to a gun, and I also feel like in a psyker-heavy Chapter like the Blood Ravens, Librarian Dreadnoughts aren't entirely unfeasible.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

• Solution

Yep! Because Blood Ravens don't have a designated parent chapter you get to choose which rules you use, and making them a Blood Angels successor is perfectly valid. As you say, you won't be able to use stuff with fixed <Blood Angels> keywords (like special characters), but the other units are fair game.