Chapter Approved 2022

casb1965

With the release of CA2022 and the changes to the way army building works, is it still legal to have a detachment of Astra Militarum and a detachment of Militarum Tempestus with different <REGIMENT> keywords? Space marines are mono-chapter, GKs mono-brotherhood etc. now.

I would argue yes because AM units have <REGIMENT> whereas MT units have <TEMPESTUS REGIMENT> so are two different keywords therefore still legal, but would love a secnond, third, fifteenth opinion on the matter.

Yes. Standard regiments have REGIMENT, Scions have TEMPESTUS REGIMENT. Works for the same reason CABAL and WYTCH CULT can still be mixed.

Just can't mix Cadians + Catachans or Lions + Gorgonnes anymore. Do note, this only applies to tournament style matched play games using the CA 2022 rules. Anything else you can still go wild in. For pick up games, as always, talk to your opponent.

Yes. Standard regiments have REGIMENT, Scions have TEMPESTUS REGIMENT. Works for the same reason CABAL and WYTCH CULT can still be mixed.

Just can't mix Cadians + Catachans or Lions + Gorgonnes anymore. Do note, this only applies to tournament style matched play games using the CA 2022 rules. Anything else you can still go wild in. For pick up games, as always, talk to your opponent.

That's what I thought.

I play a mixed list of Tanks and artillery with custom regiment rules and a Scion list as Inquisitorial Stormtroopers using MT rules from The Greater Good, so it's good i can still mix :)