Mustering a Brotherhood

Cleon

Having vaguely looked at Grey Knights for some time, I picked up a copy of Hexfire and grabbed a few other ebay pickups around the same time with the thought of eventually putting together a force and have decided to target completion of one unit a month as part of the 12 months of hobby Challenge - 2 months in and I have a decent start

Brother Captain

gallery_56701_17274_95733.jpg

Brotherhood Terminators

gallery_56701_17274_119423.jpg

Strike squad (including the bonus model of the month grey knight)

gallery_56701_17274_158637.jpg

Now I have plenty of time to get my march unit built and primed, I'm thinking the second half of the Power armoured squad, but not sure if I'll go for Purifiers or Interceptors.

Thanks. At the moment I have 31 Power armour Grey Knights and am planning to build 10 each of Strikes, Interceptors and Purifiers (because I have Crowe), so it's more a case of what I do first and on that I think you are right Interceptors will be more interesting/useful if I get a small game in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is that a silver dreadknight I'm seeing, instead of grey?? By that fact alone, I can tell you will be a worth addition to the Grey Knights.

Welcome to Halls of Titan, Neophyte!

• 1 month later...

May's unit - Crowe and 5 Purifiers

gallery_56701_17274_1646.jpg

gallery_56701_17274_120289.jpg

This gets me to a 1000 point force (plus the bonus model of the month strike marine who doesn't fit), I don't think it's necessarily an effective 1000 point force, but the painting order was more about getting variety and trying a bit of everything.

Another rejig next month, bringing the dreadnought forward and pushing Voldus and the Terminators back again... mostly because I think that makes getting the completion done in the month more achievable.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 2:23 PM, war009 said:

Very Nice Work Brother Cleon!

Thanks, I'm finding that doing one unit a month on multiple projects is really helping me not burn out by doing too much of one thing too quickly. Half a year in I've now got just over 1150 points done, including this months Ven Dread. Next month is another set of Power Armour (doing them every other month), probably going to add more interceptors as while I need more troops, the second Terminator squad is up after them.

image.thumb.jpeg.b63bdfb57a85b92c26578b8f1771a614.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a6c55a5a591095c3bcfdf1c1ca8609fe.jpeg

Nice army photo. 

yeah painting burnout is real but the 12 month hobby challenge is helping me paint more too…..work is not cooperating or trying not too

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ended up doing strikes, that just leaves five more power armour GK in the to do pile, along with a Terminator Librarian and StromRaven from the generic Pile of shame that will probably end up with them. At that point I think I need more terminators and a second DreadKnight wouldn't hurt, so the Combat Patrol looks tempting.

image.thumb.jpeg.863bcf6d065f355bbbf7350bdd7bddc2.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

And the last of the power armour, the second 5 Purifiers along with the Librarian, although realising on the photo I've lost some bolter barrels on the staff chap:

image.thumb.jpeg.27b775ff48567666fe80c6e795ec9f11.jpeg

I'm going to try and get the Stormraven done before the end of the year (First I have to find it, then build it, then paint it... ) and that's the Grey Knights done from the backlog. Hopefully I can get a couple of games in with them at some point and then maybe add a combat patrol, donate the Librarian to some of my other marines, knock out an Apothecary, Ancient and 3 Paladins from the Termie kit, a Purgation squad from the strikes and a second Dreadknight. 

• 2 weeks later...