Where to find 40k Civilian Models?

ThePenitentOne

The Imperium is vast and varied, including "citizens" ranging from primitive headhunters to technologically advanced peeps. Humans in the Imperium represent the full diversity of Humanity, coming in all shapes, sizes, and colors (not to mention the sanctioned Abhumans and sanctioned Xenos that might be encountered). Just about any properly scaled miniature would work somewhere in the Imperium.

Do you have more specific information on the technological level and clothing/equipment styles that you're looking for?

There's always the Fallout Wasteland Warfare minis. Most of the human figures are armed with a simple handgun or rifle or baseball bat.

The models are available at numerous sites and eBay and i think you can buy the stl files from their parent company at an incredibly affordable price.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

So I am looking for future as opposed to medieval or primitive.

The world in question is an agriworld. The noble families are essentially "farmers" but much of the actual farming is done by massive combine servitors. Dark Future FarmPunk.

There is also a collection of Imperial "Rabble" - people who were disowned by noble families, pilgrims, and folks who toil in the industries that support the small population of the planet.

Edit: Definitely using some Necromunda- classic as well as modern plastic. Not sure how those two are going to scale against each other, but we'll see. I figure the Necros are good for the nobles, because those guys will fight. But the "Rabble" category of citizen is less likely to be armed... If such a thing as unarmed civies exists.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

Depending on Budget the Forge World Necromunda Hired Guns range is great for characterful models without weapons. Recon you could cover your nobles etc easy. 

If you're looking for scribes and stuff have a look at the old inquisition retinue models, there are lots of them on eBay. 

Then have a look at some of the old Fantasy Empire models, which are now found under the Cities of Sigmar section.

I would also have a look at Blanchitsu White Dwarf features for inspiration for Kit Bashing civilians and stuff. If you have Warhammer Vault you can browse through loads and get some ideas. :)

Edit: Definitely using some Necromunda- classic as well as modern plastic. Not sure how those two are going to scale against each other, but we'll see.

Badly, I'm afraid. I have a huge chunk of the Necro '95 range and a huge chunk of the Necro '18 range. The two do not mix well at all. The scale of the older range is just too small compared to the new range.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also have a look at Blanchitsu White Dwarf features for inspiration for Kit Bashing civilians and stuff. If you have Warhammer Vault you can browse through loads and get some ideas. :smile.:

If not go to the ammo bunker forum, thats where most of the Blanchitsu stuff came from. Some great stuff there. 

Also try downloading the Inq 28 magazine, found here...

Second what slaves to darkness said.

Get on over to check out the ammobunker.

If you want some advice for kits, you can't go wrong with empire flagellants, admech skitarii, genestealer cultists and a buts box

I bought 3 boxes of Flagellants back in the day just for the iron masks... I regret nothing.