Crusade oaths

rye0006

When playing crusade narrative games, what Templar oaths are people building and finding the best? My friend and I have been doing a crusade with my Templars Vs his necrons and next week will have a game using the new Templar rules (we don't get to play too often). So I'm trying to decide how to build my oath. Any advice/recommendations would be gratefully received.

Crusade is ultimately about narrative so I'd recommend picking oaths that fit your army's story. For example, my crusade is based off of Arthurian legend so I'm focusing on oaths to unlock the sword of the lost crusader. The idea is my marshal is searching a star system for shards of an ancient relic blade called Caliburn, and once I find all the pieces I'll probably choose the relic agenda to try and reclaim it.

Of course it also helps to pick oaths that work with your particular enemies and agendas. My main opponent plays GSC, so the oath that requires me to kill enemy characters is useful because he has a lot of them and his characters are all pretty squishy. That said, if you don't play often I'd recommend starting with a smaller oath. Maybe just do a two part oath so you can accomplish it sooner and get a feel for things.