Plog- Mithril's - CW: Saim-Hann/Harlequin force.

MithrilForge

• 3 weeks later...

Okay!, not much in here so i should add something... :sweat:

I have finally worked out my bases idea for this New army of CW Saim-Hann & Harlequins detachment, so while I'm putting plastic toys together...i made a test base using one of my Sky runner's bases...

med_gallery_9146_6928_851252.jpg

"GAMERS GRASS"

I think it looks suitably Alien enough, the new Alien Rosette's from Gamers Grass are really cool, I used 3 of the leaf sections to make the flower (otherwise it may have looked a bit naff with only the large one on there) there are 47 pieces on the sheet so I'm guessing if you want to make "really nice" Plants you may only get 15 -17 plants from the pack - super glue is needed most definitely, they are made from a tough flexible plastic and needed to be held down with tweezers whilst gluing otherwise they sorta sprang back into a flat shape (i guess I could bend them even more into a curve...early days with them )

I notice they do have a slight shiny plastic look but most likely after i Dulcote the base the leaves will be less shiny plastic...if not a slight wash of diluted Agrax

may fix that problem.

the orange tufts are the same as any other grass out there, just a nice colour :wink.: as usual ...superglue on that as well.

Now that the base design is sorted i have no excuses and need to start painting actual models :tongue.: ...

Till next time!

Mithril

The plant is real nice! I very much like it.

I've never used the products before, bit you think maybe dipping the leaves in hot water might make them flexible? Or giving them a quick blast with a lighter?

I'd skip on the Flame use...i reckon it'd go up in smoke :sad.: , They are Flexible enough... I just have to use the tweezers better and not be so delicate with them!.

++EDIT++

Made up a - Banshee Bladed Autarch on Jet Bike from some parts given to me by my mate :thumbsup:

med_gallery_9146_6928_504074.jpg

I used one of the new Guardian heads from the new box set :wub: very nice sculpts.

Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

• 1 month later...

A quick & easy conversion of a Dark Eldar Scourge into a Swooping hawk, I trimmed the weapon down to look more "Eldar" and added a new Storm Guardian helmet

and only have used the feathery wings as the Bat wings do not look Hawkish at all !

I Intend to make a unit of 4 and an exarch, I have 3 done so far... the other two have used the bare heads with face rebreathers from the new Guardian box (such a great box that new one)

lets hope Swooping Hawk colours help make it look more Eldar as well!?.

med_gallery_9146_6928_1022651.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

oops double post but it's a pic update, Finished some more of my "Swooping Scourges" :happy.: The exarch is the lady Hawk in the middle Front ( i gave her a pointing hand so my mates know which one has the hawks Talon? weapon (which is kinda useless now with power armour negating -1 AP :dry.:)

med_gallery_9146_6928_152194.jpg

Cheers Mithril

Rule of cool is always +1.

I've been eyeing this kit for Ynnari, but I have a massive pile of shame now. You're tempting me. Maybe when they're painted. :thumbsup:

That's actually a great idea, I had not thought that route but I just wanted some Flashy looking Swooping Hawks that were not 25 years old or in failcast...  (knowing my luck New plastic hawks will be out within a year, it also happened when I started Making a unit of Kit-bashed Ork Kommando's and we know what happened there :laugh.: )

And I see your daring me to paint them just to tempt you... :wink.:  Challenge accepted :tongue.:

Mithril

• 2 weeks later...

Some cracking work on here Mithril. Those plants look awesome. Looking forward to seeing some painted minis.

I have an idea to convert some swooping hawks too. The Scourges will definitely feature. Need to wait until the a & a event is over before committing though. Will be stealing some of this inspiration!