Dark Mechanicus/Possesed engines chaos army

nusphigor

Hey guys!

I got some stuff from various armies and thought about doing a Quasi Dark Mechanicum army using the chaos codex. What gets me thinking is how to use different options, as the last time i played with a chaos army was in 6th ed.

So far what i've thought of is this:

Anacharis Scoria as a Lord DIscordant
Warpsmith (because eldirtch omens I'll have two)
Archmagos Draykavak as a daemon prince?
An actual old school daemon prince without wings

2 Forge/Maulerfiends

I have 2 Armigers that i can chaoslify to use as helbrutes or Decimators

Maybe use Skitarii as cultists?

10 chosen that i can use as Iron warrior csm or any other warband dedicated to the mechanicum

What do you guys think of this idea?
How could i give it a better shape?

Edited by nusphigor

Sounds like a cool idea, though I'm not familiar enough with the models you name to comment on how well they would stand in for the units they are being used for.

Hellbrutes are a great addition to this army, as they have lots of fleshy growths just like the mauler/forge fiends.  Other good fits are the helldrake and the new obliterator and venomcrawler models - with the rumor the crawler is moving to fast attack in the new codex, that makes it even easier to field in your army.

Another thought is heavy weapons servitors as havocs.

While skitarii seem the easy choice for cultists (as in easy to do), to me that models seem too heavily gunned and armoured for that role.  How about gun servitors and archoflagelants instead?

I think all your choices are reasonable and could work well. As long as the base sizes are correct, I don’t see anyone having problems with playing against your army.

If you wanted to, I think the FW mechanicum range has room for you to expand with things like havocs and obliterators. Vorax, myrmidons, etc.

You could also use the existing kits for those. As you say, painting them up as IW could be a very cool way to combine both ranges and also minimize the amount you have to spend on FW resin.

Edited by Khornestar

Sounds like a cool idea, though I'm not familiar enough with the models you name to comment on how well they would stand in for the units they are being used for.

Hellbrutes are a great addition to this army, as they have lots of fleshy growths just like the mauler/forge fiends.  Other good fits are the helldrake and the new obliterator and venomcrawler models - with the rumor the crawler is moving to fast attack in the new codex, that makes it even easier to field in your army.

Another thought is heavy weapons servitors as havocs.

While skitarii seem the easy choice for cultists (as in easy to do), to me that models seem too heavily gunned and armoured for that role.  How about gun servitors and archoflagelants instead?

Thanks mate! I was looking at the Arco flagellants kit and they look really cool!I might go with that idea for melee cultists, but i guess I'll keep a shooty squad of skitarii just because i have them XD

I think all your choices are reasonable and could work well. As long as the base sizes are correct, I don’t see anyone having problems with playing against your army.

If you wanted to, I think the FW mechanicum range has room for you to expand with things like havocs and obliterators. Vorax, myrmidons, etc.

You could also use the existing kits for those. As you say, painting them up as IW could be a very cool way to combine both ranges and also minimize the amount you have to spend on FW resin.

Neat idea for the Obliterators! I would have to take a look for them.

Many thanks guys!

I was thinking of the narrative of this army (because i'm a fluffy ba****d) and thought that the leader of this army might be obsessed with power and strength.

He may have once been an Iron Warrior but since the heresy he and his retainers went on searching for power for themselves, creating mechanical beasts to rule over all.

So they basically created a small empire on a daemonworld ruled by iron and blood. They conquer by force to steal steel and mechanic stuff to create more machines and also collect all the skulls and blood of their enemies to possess their contraptions with daemons.

So most of their machines start getting fleshy bits as they keep fighting, merging the corpses of their enemies with their mechanical parts.

A lot of khorne i know, but they aren't opposed to sorcery, as that's the way they posses their stuff.

But now i don't know who might be the leader of the warband, the discordant or the daemon prince.

Also, idk if i should keep their scheme in iron and golds as the iron warriors or just make something else, as they kinda went their way anyways (and proturbo sucks balls)

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a fun origin for your Army. I'd go with the Lord Discordant as your Warlord, it seems to fit better. The Daemon Prince might want to lead your warband, but lacks the respect of your forces because he is not half machine. ;)

You might want to design your own color scheme. It would make your Army more unique.