The Exodite Review Thread

Hmmm, it's fine, I think ep 1 was solid, the Manta scene was 9/10 for me. Ep2 was sort of ok, but I almost feel like there should be an episode between 1 and 2. The bit with the crisis suits, they lacked weight something felt off with the flying. plot was ok but needed more fleshing out. Ep3... The elder titans looked great, but I just didn't like the ending, the exodite got an ending but felt like a secondary character but the main character felt like a poor ending. Edited by Verevolf

Plotwise it felt for me like they were planning on doing 5 episodes and needed to cut it back to 3. Lots of moments where the lack of character development precluded any actual investment. Also while the textures and the models were great, everything felt kind of floaty to me animation wise. (not just the battlesuits :sweat: ) with very little impact or weight to actions and movements. Felt a bit off.

Eh, that ending was weak. The Phantom titans were awesome but its so weird that the Eldar only sent a pair of titans without support?

Kinda fits the rest of the series tbh, Gorgeous looking but poorly written/plotted. The knife penetration shot was particularly beautiful though.

Eh, that ending was weak. The Phantom titans were awesome but its so weird that the Eldar only sent a pair of titans without support?

Kinda fits the rest of the series tbh, Gorgeous looking but poorly written/plotted. The knife penetration shot was particularly beautiful though.

A lot of things came through after, but I agree, more was needed - just something to give depth to all the moments in it we were meant to feel something.

A good first attempt though by this studio. Hope we come back to it

• 3 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 12:52 PM, byrd9999 said:

I enjoyed this, and it looked stunning. I would have liked more episodes to get more of a feel or what was happening and why.

It seems like they're setting up a second series...?

Having caught up on this now, I hope so! It certainly felt like there was enough around the edges to be fleshed out- and where it was left indicated room for future ‘enlightenment’ - for both protagonist and viewer alike!

It was a real treat to watch from a nostalgic point of view too - I loved playing Fire Warrior all those years ago, and just reminded me of that original awe at that time I felt playing the game and watching the cut scenes. 

I’m also led to think that the Exodite moniker might be apt for our T’au hero too, once the ‘greater good’ has perhaps been critically examined… let’s see!