Jaime Paris - Adapting to the Meta 2022

Valerian

Thought some of you might appreciate this video from Jaime Paris.  This is post LVO, and details his thoughts about how to best adapt the Space Wolves to the evolving competitive scene.

Not really useful

He doesn't worry about Tau b/c the codex isn't being used in his tournament

Tau and Custodes delete SW on sight currently and are the top armies being played

The list he made is to counter GSC and Crusher Stampede and Thicc City (a list that was nerfed due to meta)

What are people’s thoughts then with adapting to the current Tau/Custodes meta?

I’ve been running two Plasma Redemptors & often two wulfen dreds for most of 9th. With the growing number of guns that can potentially 1 shot/shoot through invulns I wonder if these units are now obsolete.

I will be honest, I have not faced either of those armies yet but I would have thought Wulfen could have a place following their price drop. Large numbers of TH attacks will dent even Custodes and Battlesuits, if you can get them into melee of course.

Tau are limited in how much anti-invuln stuff the can take. Hammerheads are nasty but early reports suggest they are being run singly rather than spammed. There is a Borkan strat to ignore Invulns but again that is once per turn. Dreads are small enough to make use of terrain to ignore LOS or be fitted into Drop Pods. Maybe Ven Dreads are better than Wulfen Dreads as they have access to the Smokescreen stratagem. -1 to Hit is one of the few defences that does provide some protection again Railguns.

Jaime's two losses at Beachhead Brawl were against Custodes and Tau.

95-72 vs Tau

74-59 vs Custodes

Tau took 1 and 2 overall.

Custodes 6 of top 10.

Jaime changed his list a bit from that initial adapting to the meta video. He used two packs of TH Wulfen and added some eliminators for this tournament.

He played against SW, 2× Custodes, Tau, Necrosis, Drukhai and Knights at the event.