What are your favorite Deathguard models, looks wise?

Marshal Mittens

For me, my top three are:

1) The Blight Hauler. Their weirdly cute and I just love their look.

2) The Dark Imperium Noxious Blightbringer. He's such a cool sculpt, I love the bells and just his whole model.

3) The Dark Imperium Lord of Contagion. He is the best looking Chaos Lord of any faction, just an amazing model.

Oh, tough ones, big fan of quite a few of the sculpts. I'm not going to include Mortarion, he's a great sculpt, but I think including the main centerpiece weights it too much and is less interesting of a discussion.

I'm thinking

1) Lord of Contagion (Dark Imperium) - I agree with you, he's a solid Chaos Lord. Fantastic sculpt.

2) Foul Blightspawn - Love him, I'm a big fan of the more ornate trim he has, as well the tank on the back.

3) The standalone icon bearer - He's expensive at $30 US for a plague marine, but I love his pose and sculpt. The chains are held at tension with it counterweighting his pose. Great sculpt with a pose that really fits. I love the overall Great War vibe he has.

Honorable mention to the SM heroes Malignant Plaguecaster, but I didn't consider that model as it hasn't been generally available.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

The plague marine box has to be my favorite set of models such lovely options to really show differences with each marine. Especially the more darmonic / mutated options like the fanged maws in the torsos or the mutated heads

Just lovely Especially using to convert up hqs. I just wish we had another power armour squad like a chosen or havoc style plague marine squad for even more options

The Blight Bringer is another fav model

Not the greatest gamewise but so awesome modelwise

Obviously the nicest model is Mortarion but that's not even fair comparing a normal model to a $150 primarch that won model of the year.

After him my vote goes to the Noxious Blightbringer. Beautiful model, love the bells and the hanging nurgling. I bought extra Blightbringers (like 6) for like $3-$7 each at the start of 8th when DG Dark Imperium models were dirt cheap, I put the bell backpack on all my plague marine champions to get them to stand out.

There isn't a DG specific model I don't like besides the Malignant plaguecasters. I don't care for either model, although the heroes one is better. I still converted up my own. Not a fan of the Tallyman and plague surgeon head/faces either. Other than those they nailed everything in my book.

Never been a fan of the bare heads on marines at all. I know everything in 40k is over the top and not real but most planets don't have the same atmospheric pressure and composition of gases to be helmetless. Plus alot of faces look derpy and are much harder to paint and make look good versus a helmet.

For me it has to be the stand alone icon bearer, followed by both of the grenade throwers from Dark Imperium and the Series packs. That mkiii look :)

All of the range is fantastic and I struggle to pick out any other specific models without bringing up others as equals. So much character on the models and plenty of unique looks. The only model I personally am not fond of is the surgeon with his squashed head and a cloak covering down one side of his body... first time I saw him I thought he was missing a leg and that the head got cropped.

For me its:

1. Noxious Blightbringer - it's such a shame that when I used him at the end of 8th I was using a proxy and after I got the model he became useless and I don't use him :D

2. PBC - this model really gives off a great DG feel - heavy, slow and tough machine of war trundling slowly towards the foe, releasing and endless bombardment as it goes.

3. MBH are great and they look amazing in close support to plague marines.

4. Lord of Contagion is amazing - has a very oldschool WFB feeling to it.

5. Plague Marines, Deathshroud and Blightlord all have amazing sculpts!

Everyone has hit on some great choices, but for me it is 100% the Tallyman.  From the abacus to the little Nurgling caring supplies the model is full of character.  Space marines can keep their tactical Rocks, I'll take the Tallyman's Tactical Accounting Ledgers anyday!

My very close runner up is the Nightmare hulks from the Gellerpox Infected limited release.  While technically not a Death Guard unit, they make excellent stand ins for Chaos Spawn and the sculpts are Nurgle-tasticly Horrific.  I'm actually surprised GW didn't re-release them as Death Guard Chaos Spawn.

Honorable Mentions:

The Plague Surgeon

The Plague Marine Champion from Dark Imperium who makes a great basic DG Lord.

While the standard bearer is great, IMO the standard bearer from the Heroes collection is a superior sculpt.  Actually Everything from the Heroes collection should be on this list, they really nail the Nurgle "Corny-ness" you see in Nurglings.

Lord Felthius... Wait hear me out.  Lord Felthius sold as is is 100% the WORST model in the range, however if you remove his head the model has a lot of character and was fun to paint.  He's become a favorite in my collection.

Of course what's best begs the question what is worst?  Obviously that is Lord Felthius with his actual face, but I think the Blightlord with Mace of Contagion is a good runner up.  While the smoking maze is a great idea, its way to big and always causes an issue in game when trying to pile in.