About fallen angels

nusphigor

Hello guys!

I know it's a bit early for the new codex and that in the current state of things the fallen only have one squad, a sorcerer, a lord, cypher an a rhino.

But without having rules in mind, which units would you use in a Fallen Angels army?
What would be the fluff for your army? Would they dabble in chaos sorcery and mutations or are more like untainted renegade marines for you?

I'd like to get a conversation of this faction and see what you guys think of them, maybe what do you expect for them in the future. (a Luther miniature would be sick!)

I hope you guys want to talk about this.

Cheers!

Edited by nusphigor

My lil Fallen army is chosen squads and bikers with a "Sorcerer", regular leader, Cypher and former Chaplain on a bike. Id probably expect Terminators too if they gave Fallen a proper look. 

Personally i like a mix of taint/untaint in the minis, each is something of an individual after all!

I would think using any of them would work. With Marbas, there's room for going as far as having Daemon princes, so anything from modelling them more 30k with MK III/IV kits, to going full in on the Chaos Space Marine look I think would work fine.

Personally, I'd want to lean more into the Chaos side of it. I'm down for going all in as Chaos Space Marines for them. I've already got 30k stuff I could use, but I'd rather do something more for 40k Fallen.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

If the current rumors about the Codex hold true, Black Legion is the most like Dark Angels in terms of rules (+1 to hit when shooting closest target, no combat attrition, lots of reliance on Rapid Fire weapons, etc.).

As for Fallen aesthetics, you can vary the "chaosification" as you like, but starting with the Heresy-Era MkIII and MkIV bits....mixed with current CSM for scale would probably be a good idea.

You could also go "all the way" and make Black Lions.

I personally did the last one and use Bikes, Terminators, and Havocs around a core of CSM squads with lots of Rapid Fire weapons. I originally had Sorcerers and some Plague Marines, but since the Lions warbands that have been seen on Vigilus were Khorne (not sure about the whole subfaction-we haven't been told), I went that way and removed all the Psykers and units with other Marks.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

The older fluff was that because the Fallen were scattered into bands across time and space, there was a lot of variation. A few tried to hide their identity out of shame, some became renegades and some turned full-on Chaos. I think you can justify whatever flavour of Fallen you want.