1k Mono Tzeentch - A small painting project

Berzul

Hey everyone!

So, I've recently begun a project for a small Tzeentch force here and as it begins to take shape, I am thinking of how said army could look like.

I have been a space marine player for many years, and have NEVER even played against a Tzeentch demons army, so I have no experience or any real idea what I am doing, but this list felt nice to me. Anyone care to criticize it, pelase? So I can see about improving it before I comit to purchases on it.

The list is:

Patrol Detachment

1000 points / 50 Power Levels

5 Starting CP

Exalted Lord of Change

+ Warpfire Blade

+ Aura of Mutability

+ Incorporeal Form

+ Bolt of Change, Boon of Change, Gaze of Fate

10 Pink Horrors

+ 10 Blue Horrors

+ 10 Brimstone Horrors

+ Daemonic Icon

+ Instrument of Chaos

10 Pink Horrors

+ 10 Blue Horrors

+ 10 Brimstone Horrors

+ Daemonic Icon

+ Instrument of Chaos

5 Screamers

Burning Chariot

+ Chanting Horrors 

Trying to think of something more competitive.

How is this?

Demon Prince with Wings

+ Malefic Talons

+ Warlord (Demonspark)

+ Psyker (Flickering Flames)

+ The Impossible Robe

25 Pink Horrors

+ Instrument of Chaos

+ Daemonic Icon

10 Blue Horrors & 10 pairs of Brimstone Horrors, for said squad, as reinforcements.

5 Flamers

5 Screamers

Burning Chariot

Burning Chariot

The Demon Prince goes with the Pink Horrors, keeping them with rerrolls and +1s to wound. I can lose up to 5 by splitting them into blue and then brimstone horrors. This, to keep the squad going om at 20-strength for a bit longer.

Meanwhile I also go heavy on the elites, fast attack, and heavy support. Squads of five on Flamers and Screamers to keep them under Blast Range. Two Chariots, to bring in heavier hits.

Eventually, and when in melee, the Daemon Prince can add some good damage on his own. He is no dedicated fighter, but he still brings 7 attacks at 2+, S7, AP-2, D2, and carries a 3++ save. He should be able to do some damage to anything from light vehicles to TEQs to MEQs and GEQs.

Edited by Berzul

• 1 month later...

Wow a whole month without a reply.

So here are my notes, though i wouldn't go an buy anything for the sake of competitiveness at this stage the codex is in it's last dying days.

Daemon princes aren't good anymore. His wings are pretty useless in your force as he needs to stay with the troops to avoid being targeted. TLDR keep the LoC

If you're going to take 20+ pinks you would be better off  taking a Herald with flickerflame and put them in reserve the +1 str is probably better off than the re-rolll 1s to hit. And you'll keep the 20+ squad bonus more often.

Blues are useless unless you have points to burn, stick with Pinks and Brimstones

Finally think of your the objectives you intend to play. And ensure you have units the can accomplishment, consider backfield, front lines and midfield

Edited by Battle Brother Abderus