Craftworld Mymeara

Dwango

As I've been collecting Eldar since the 90s (on and off mind) and with the new range coming out. I thought I'd start a separate thread for my Mymeara Craftworld here. Seems fitting. It also links in with the Anger and Arrogance event. I'm going to try and be a bit more active in the forum too.

Here's the avatar and a couple of the wave serpents I've completed so far this year as well as a couple of units I've done over the last few years. This will hopefully expand quite considerably over the next few months.

gallery_141590_16070_124873.jpg

gallery_141590_16070_59140.jpg

gallery_141590_16070_223474.jpg

gallery_141590_16070_365156.jpg

gallery_141590_16070_738733.jpg

gallery_141590_16070_177445.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers Captain. Which one are you on with?

If it's of any help I airbrushed all the High (low??) lights in then worked backwards kind of. Getting the light colours down first definitely helped. 

Mine is the sword holding version of yours. I've also gone turquoise with my groin cloth/tabard thing. But I wasn't sure if I should go turquoise head vanes or hair.

I think I'm just using reference material that's waaaay above my painting level lol. So I'm never happy. When I feel up to finishing it, I'll probably post it somewhere here too. Thanks for the inspiration

Mine is the sword holding version of yours. I've also gone turquoise with my groin cloth/tabard thing. But I wasn't sure if I should go turquoise head vanes or hair.

I think I'm just using reference material that's waaaay above my painting level lol. So I'm never happy. When I feel up to finishing it, I'll probably post it somewhere here too. Thanks for the inspiration

I think head vanes being turquoise could work but I think you'll need to do the hair differently, perhaps red to match the body or black/white like a classic Jain zar. Either way I'll look forward to seeing it done. I do find that sometimes going back to a troublesome model after a bit of time helps get the look I'm going for. I think subconsciously you work it out in your head!!

Thanks Dread, what are you planning to paint up next? 

Cheers Trawling, the green fade is what brought me to Mymeara. I think the scheme is relatively unique in the 40k universe. 

I have a quick question for you all. I've built 10 wraithguard/blades and have been magnetising various options. I was looking to magnetise the right are at the wrist so I can swap out the axe for a sword.  I am wondering if I should just glue the axe and run them as an axe sword combo for the ghost sword option? Saves time and faffing. Do you guys think this would look ok or should i just stick with magnetising everything?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cheers Mithril. I did enjoy them although painting white can get tedious. They're magnetised so I have the blades and cannons to paint too!

I have been busy, even though I've not posted for a while. I've completed a Phoenix bomber, some quinns, a webway gate, a Cobra and a Lynx.

med_gallery_141590_16070_445723.jpg

med_gallery_141590_16070_31673.jpg

gallery_141590_16070_1033677.jpg

gallery_141590_16070_222373.jpg

As always c&c welcome.