Kasrkin in the rumor engine

Yep. Very exciting to see them back. 

Though on the TT side, I imagine they'll be heavily pushed as the only way to run infantry Guard. Probably be around 8 points with Scion statlines, equipment, abilities and still get <Regiment> bonuses. 

Yes, you can't miss that camouflage! I wonder how they'll work in the codex, perhaps we can finally see Veterans get some much needed love and options like in the olden days?

I wonder about new Sentinels as the current kit is still great, I was planning on getting some more but I suppose it works out as I wouldn't have been getting them until after the codex arrives (unless GW really drops the ball...) so I can wait and see as ever. Likely new weapon options if so? With all we've seen until now - in particular rumours for how nids might be doing, as a fellow left behind codex - I remain cautiously optimistic.

I am excited to see this, unmistably Kasrkin. I've kitbashed my own from the regular infantry kit (with some scion bits and Anvil extras) t go for a more "extended operations" feeling so I'm curious as to how they'll compare. 

I'm looking forward to a more high tech sentinel (mostly for my 30k militia) and I'm hoping we get the drop sentinel back, that would be cool. 

Yes, you can't miss that camouflage! I wonder how they'll work in the codex, perhaps we can finally see Veterans get some much needed love and options like in the olden days?

I wonder about new Sentinels as the current kit is still great, I was planning on getting some more but I suppose it works out as I wouldn't have been getting them until after the codex arrives (unless GW really drops the ball...) so I can wait and see as ever. Likely new weapon options if so? With all we've seen until now - in particular rumours for how nids might be doing, as a fellow left behind codex - I remain cautiously optimistic.

rumors from Valrak indicate a new sentinel kit coming out

My big question is: what will be done with Scions if Regiments get carapace troops back? Will Kasrkin be Elites?

Personally, if we're getting carapace troops back I'd love to see Krieg Grenadiers too

Kasrkin likely will return to elites, but tbh I hope the scions get completely replaced, though I don’t think that will happen.

My big question is: what will be done with Scions if Regiments get carapace troops back? Will Kasrkin be Elites?

Personally, if we're getting carapace troops back I'd love to see Krieg Grenadiers too

Kept the same likely. Just kept as a separate sub-faction like the new Eldar codex with all the different Eldar sub-factions.

I suspect they’ll be a troops choice, this edition is about elite troops and not mass infantry. I’m guessing guardsmen will be suboptimized to encourage running kasrkin, and conscripts will get the nerf mallet + bat.

I would love to be disproven on this theory, maybe GW will allow infantry lists and do something creative like 3 squads of regular infantry can be supported by 1 squad of kasrkin as a single troops choice.

I'm not sure they'll be Troops.  Nachmund missions are about ObSec, but I still haven't seen most armies decking out in Troops choices (anecdotally, not match crunched).  Yes there appear to be more Troops, but not maxed out like we take.  We only take 6 squads because we have to screen our tanks and MMM! onto a point with no durability.  The only counter there is just the sheer number of bodies.

That being said, scions can deepstrike, which is usually a no-no for Troops choices.  So they might move Scions out to FA/Elites, and Kasrkin to troops. 

I'm not sure they'll be Troops.  Nachmund missions are about ObSec, but I still haven't seen most armies decking out in Troops choices (anecdotally, not match crunched).  Yes there appear to be more Troops, but not maxed out like we take.  We only take 6 squads because we have to screen our tanks and MMM! onto a point with no durability.  The only counter there is just the sheer number of bodies.

That being said, scions can deepstrike, which is usually a no-no for Troops choices.  So they might move Scions out to FA/Elites, and Kasrkin to troops. 

I imagine Scions would still be troops, otherwise that would break Militarum Tempestus detachments. Kasrkins are basically the <Regiment> equivalent of Scions and would also have to be troops.

After thinking the new vehicle was for IG only to learn it was for a Necromunda expansion I'm not holding my breath until I see it in person.

Also unpopular opinion I'd rather them be 2nd Ed stormies than Karskin :P

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1499/56/1499560131108.jpg

:tu:

After thinking the new vehicle was for IG only to learn it was for a Necromunda expansion I'm not holding my breath until I see it in person.

Also unpopular opinion I'd rather them be 2nd Ed stormies than Karskin :P

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1499/56/1499560131108.jpg

:tu:

where’d you hear a new tank was going to be for necromunda?

Also unpopular opinion I'd rather them be 2nd Ed stormies than Karskin :tongue.:

Not an unpopular opinion, 2E Stormies rock. :thumbsup:

That said, I'm happy to see the Kasrkin return too.

-Ran

Too right!

The Forgeworld ones had those annoyingly fiddly cables leading to the Hotshot Lasguns (I think they were called Hellguns back then) but I

still loved them!

If GW can get anywhere close to the original sculpts I’ll be a happy Korpsman!

I miss those skull masked little blokes! I’d buy a load.

Too right!

The Forgeworld ones had those annoyingly fiddly cables leading to the Hotshot Lasguns (I think they were called Hellguns back then) but I

still loved them!

If GW can get anywhere close to the original sculpts I’ll be a happy Korpsman!

I miss those skull masked little blokes! I’d buy a load.

That's why I haven't picked up any of the plastic Kriegers, the mask design and shoulder armor doesn't sit well with me for some reason and why bother armoring your shoulders when your entire center-mass+filterbox in unarmored.

The Grenadiers had that extra chest plating and the filter mounted on the back. 5/5 GW please do more of that.