Really wish it was easier to get the ETB deathguard.

There are apparently 20+ modern plague marine sculpts, but you can only get the 7 from the box. I dont understand the marketing logic of designing awesome models, and massively limiting their releases. Just looking at some of the Space Marine Hero DG, and the ETB, and wishing you could get them at normal prices still. Same thing for the other plague caster, and the special terminators.

If you're talking about Lord Felthuis and the Tainted Cohort they started making them again (the lord of contagion and 3 terminators). But yeah the rest are now hard to get or overly expensive. They love their FOMO marketing. They should have brought out the dark imperium half of DG as our combat patrol.

There was 28 plague marine sculpts. 7 from dark imperium, 7 from the current kit, 3 from the old ETB, 3 from the reinforcement kit, 6 from space marine heroes 3 and the two stand alone ones, the icon bearer and the champion. It's a shame you can't easily get them all still.

I have all 28 and a second set of the 7 from DI for a total of 34 plague marines, converted 1 of the dark imperium champions into my plague caster. Beautiful models. Main reason I got back into the hobby and picked DG when I came back in 8th edition.

Not been a fan of alot of decisions coming from GW recently.

The Death Guard range is in an odd spot.  Currently, we have 21 unique Death Guard "kits" available to purchase, (excludes the general chaos kits we have access too).  With the 9th edition relaunch Death Guard we gained 2 new kits (LoV & the Bubonic Bong) but lost 8, which are no longer available:

Lord of Contagion (Dark Imperium)

6 Unique Plague Marines (Dark Imperium)

5 Unique Plague Marines (Heroes Collection)

Plague Marine Champion (Heroes Collection)

Plaguecaster (Heroes Collection)

ETB Bloatdrone (Dark Imperium)

3 ETB Plague Marines

6 ETB Poxwalkers

Of the current 21 kits, 10 of them are characters!  Despite 10 character kits, of the 9 HQ character datasheets (excl Mortarion, but incl 2 wargear options for the LoC) only 2 are generally available for sale, the LoV and Typhus.  Another 2, the resin Daemon Prince and the Plaguecaster are available via online only and are expensive.  And the LoC is only available with 1 wargear option and only as prt of an ETB set with 3 Blightlords.  4 codex HQ options have no model.  What a mess for new players trying to pick up Death Guard for the first time. 

The Death Guard range is in an odd spot. Currently, we have 21 unique Death Guard "kits" available to purchase, (excludes the general chaos kits we have access too). With the 9th edition relaunch Death Guard we gained 2 new kits (LoV & the Bubonic Bong) but lost 8, which are no longer available:

Lord of Contagion (Dark Imperium)

6 Unique Plague Marines (Dark Imperium)

5 Unique Plague Marines (Heroes Collection)

Plague Marine Champion (Heroes Collection)

Plaguecaster (Heroes Collection)

ETB Bloatdrone (Dark Imperium)

3 ETB Plague Marines

6 ETB Poxwalkers

Of the current 21 kits, 10 of them are characters! Despite 10 character kits, of the 9 HQ character datasheets (excl Mortarion, but incl 2 wargear options for the LoC) only 2 are generally available for sale, the LoV and Typhus. Another 2, the resin Daemon Prince and the Plaguecaster are available via online only and are expensive. And the LoC is only available with 1 wargear option and only as prt of an ETB set with 3 Blightlords. 4 codex HQ options have no model. What a mess for new players trying to pick up Death Guard for the first time.

Very much this. If I didn't get into Death Guard in 8th, I would never get into them. I never have bought models second hand and I never will. Bad decisions from GW.