Who are your favorite Relic Bearers?

CCE1981

As the topic header asks who are your favorite Relic Bearers?

I like the the idea of an Assault Intercessor Sergeant with the Fist of Balthus and Champion of the Feast, with the Stratagem Honour the Chapter in one phase you get 10x str 8, ap-3, D3, WS 2 attacks. The best part is that you spend the same points as a ThunderHammer where on Vanguards you end up spending 4 pts more.

Infiltrator Squad with Helix Gauntlet and Icon of Heinmann or Crux Obsidian to sit on a backfield objective. Not sure which of those is better.

Vanguard Squad with Thunderhammers and Storm Shields with Sigimund’s Seal to use as an arrow to squash something big on their own.

I also like the idea of a durable squad getting Light of the Emperor’s Grace and Skull of Cacodominus, add in a Primaris Character with Reliquary of Gathalamor and you ruin any Psycher based armies day.

Anyone else have any ideas? Or favorites to add?

Edited by CCE1981

Icon of Heinman -> Vanguard Vet with shield / Bladegaurd

Crux Obsidian -> ATV / Bladeguard / any Gravis

Bones of Mordred -> Vanguard Vet with 2 claws / Sword Brethren with 2 claws

Holy Orb -> Crusadersquad (big one) / Sword brethren (just if I play more of them ) / Trike

Fist of Balthus -> Assault Intercessor

EDIT: Assault Terminator with Shield for Crux Obsidian.

Edited by Medjugorje

So far the only one I've used is An assault terminator sergeant with seal of Sigismund (who also had champion of the feast). Took him as part of my tournament list at Warhammer World last month and he did good work against many of the big scarys he was sent against. 

I like your idea of the Fist on an assault intercessor sergeant though CCE1981.

Absolute favorite; champion of the feast Van Vet with Fist of Belthas.

this guy sometimes does more damage than my firstborn marshal. He is hard to kill by Merit of being the leader of a storm shield vet squad (gotta buff them up to be tough though) and can rip apart most things that come his way, from plague marines to ork war bosses. Plus you can make the model look damn good. This guy makes full use of the champion strat, and can help tear down an opponent’s big stompy thing.

Second runner up: bones of mordred on a firstborn crusader squad sword brother. He slices, he dices, and if you roll well can punch above his weight and take out a lot of guys with his claws. Love this guy. Run him as a leader of a ten man Chainsword squad to keep him alive for a while