Ideas for an army

Galron

Love the new codex but wow are the eldar short handed these days. I cant fit anything in that I want to fit in and have a viable list at 2k. I am looking to do a shock and awe kind of list, doesnt need to be GT worthy since I no longer bother with tournies and mostly just jump into leagues with the intention of being beer and pretzels even though they dont let us drink beer anymore in the store :sad.:   Some people dont have this beer and pretzel mentality to leagues either and bring plague burst crawlers and Morty to low point games and take offense when you call them a D-Bag for beating up new people.

Anyway Here is what I was thinking and man does it seem strapped for boots.

Autarch on a bike(I really wanted a foot autarch to run with my hordes of warp spiders but then ran out of the hordes of warp spiders from my original ideas and now he is on a bike)

Farseer on a jetbike

Fuegan-My favorite Phoenix Lord(rides in a Falcon)

3 squads of Rangers (I cant really justify the extra points for guardians. I miss DA as troops)

2 Squads of Fire Dragons with fire Pikes and the extra 4" range exarch ability

Wraithblades with axe and shield

2 3 man shining spear squads with star lance and heartstrike

5 man warp spiders with the spiders bite and web of deceit

2 twin shurikan cannon falcons

3 Warwalkers with shuricannon and bright lance. 

Basic idea is to T1 drop the two falcons and firedragons with Fuegan in the center of the opponents army to kill everything around them. At the same time the bike forces slam into a flank in theory while the spiders go for objectives and the rangers either do home field actions or try and eliminate a character. The wraith blades take the center objective and try and hold the line.

I have no clue on what craftworld to take. I will likely default to Ulthwé or Biel-Tan until I find a custom trait set I like. I have plenty of time, while i own most of this stuff, its still mostly resin or plastic and I hate fielding unpainted armies. Plus I have a good deal of stuff to paint for my current league.

Edited by Galron

Ahh thanks for that. I missed that one the first time through and battlescribe hasnt yet worked out all its kinks.

Decided to change up my list a bit and go full on mech.

Hail of doom and superior shurikens

farseer on bike

Asurman

3x9 dire avengers

10 Howling Banshees

5 fire dragons with pike- burning something(+4" range)

wraithlord with 2 shuriken cannons

Swooping hawks

Warp Spiders- web of deceit

Falcon- twin shuriken cannons

4 Wave Serpents- twin shuriken cannons.

Basic idea is the wave serpents move forward to good positions for a t2 disembark. Falcon deep strikes right in front of the most dangerous thing the opponent has drop the fire dragons off to shoot and hopefully kill it. The farseer supports this effort by buffing where he can the dragons. The spiders and hawks are bouncing around doing engage and actions and hopefully staying safe. Still havent figured out WLT for the farseer but he will most likely have doom and fortune.

Edited by Galron