Craftworld Altansar project on a budget

Jackalwolf

So I've always wanted to do a project to create a 40k army on a budget, and with the new beautiful models and upcoming bundles for the Eldar I thought it was due time to start.

My objective is to create a colourful and cool army that can work relatively well and under £300, and here's how I plan to do it. When I don't specify where the unit comes from it's from a third party online retailer that regularly sells at 15% discount vs GW prices.

HQ

• Autarch - Eldritch Omens Aeldari half (eBay) - £64.99
  • Farseer - Aeldari Combat Patrol - £76.50 (assumed based on Space Marine Combat Patrol)
  • Maugan Ra - £23.38

Troops

• Rangers - Eldritch Omens Aeldari half (eBay) - Already counted
  • Storm Guardians - Aeldari Combat Patrol - Already counted
  • Harlequin Troupe - £22.10

Elites

• Wraithlord - Aeldari Combat Patrol - Already counted

Fast attack

• 3 Shroud Runners - Eldritch Omens Aeldari half (eBay) - Already counted
  • 6 Windriders - Aeldari Combat Patrol - Already counted

Heavy support

• Dark Reapers - £29.75

Dedicated transport

• Starweaver - £22.10
  • Wave Serpent - £29.75

Total army cost - £268.57
Total army size - Roughly 1,500 points

For now I'll be purchasing everything as it's released since sometimes on the week of release you can get additional discount and I'll keep my eye for bargains and as soon as I'm done with my Space Wolves I'll get to the army build!

I think this army will look gorgeous, will be fluffy and can hold it's own in most games, with all troops having solid delivery options (Guardians in Wave Serpent, Troupe in the Starweaver, Rangers infiltrating), a good bunch of fast attack jetbikes that can zoom through the battlefield, solid backline with the Wraithlord and Maugan Ra with his Dark Reapers (which gain ObSec too with Maugan) and a modicum of psychic powers.

What you think guys, anyone starting similar projects?

Edited by Jackalwolf

Heya,

Yeah I'm similar to you - CW and Harlies. I didn't get the eldritch omens box though (both me and my mate wanted them - Eldar, but not the chaos so we had to pass on it)

I have a Star Weaver but I am thinking to run it as a Void Weaver - it's pretty good in the new Dex :sweat:

How are you Equipping your Autarch?... I'm not sure on mine at the moment (Prot made a thread here discussing "legal" loadouts)

Cheers, Mithril