(Potential) new Beastboss/Speedboss needs ideas....

GenerationTerrorist

Hi all.

Been playing 40k since 1993, but have never built or painted a single Ork model. Even from the 2nd Edition boxed set, or Assault on Black Reach.

Don't get me wrong, my Templar Humies and Big Golden Humies will always be my main armies....But I want a bit of madness in my games, mostly to lighten the mood and be more utterly random.

(I've never really cared about winning or losing, so long as fun is had over a few beers....Perhaps I should have collected Orks all along?)

Not really sure which way to go in terms of a themed list - It HAS to be themed with a single Clan - But running a Patrol/Outrider combo of either Snakebite Beast Snaggas or just a mad combo of Evil Sunz vehicles lobbing Dakka/Squigs at everything.

I don't want to use Ghaz, nor do I want 60+ Boyz on the table.

It has to be fast, brutal (but kunning), kunning (but brutal), random and as likely to kill allies as enemies.

If you are a current Warboss, which way would you advise me to go? Beast Snaggas or Speed Freeks, in terms of a more humane and morally acceptable version of krumpin' stuff, and each other, for fun?

Depends on how competitive you want to be to be fair.

Speed freaks in the Army of Renown is probably the more effective of the two. Evils sun version of it does get a useful extra strat for combo fun, but blood axe can also do more shenanigans with it.

Me personally, outside of competitive environments I do enjoy running a snakebite snagga force, the t5/6 and transork light is handy for boys and the cavalary has speed.

Though I would invest in a trukk for the snagga boys on foot, or if your feeling flush of teef a rig can do some work, the points hike did make the kill rig a bit squishy for its cost but the wurrtower helps with ranged anti tank and auto hits plus its psychic buffs the cavalary. Squigboss is a must, though being snakebites Mozrag does alot of work as do the cavalary in the waagh as long as you avoid-1d things

Edit for extra info

It depends what aesthetic your prefer/competitive level/points

Edited by Brother Sergeant Tiberius