Oh No, Not AGAIN! 9E Hive Fleet Goliath 2000

Evil Eye

Following the leak of the Tyranid Codex, I thought I'd have a bit of fun and write up a hopefully not too overwhelmingly cheesy list, mostly geared around things I like rather than some gamebreaking combos. Thus, for your consideration, Hive Fleet Goliath.

2000 points.

Spawned from Hive Fleet Gorgon

Hive Predator

Rarefied Enhancements

HQ:

“Venefica”- Hive Tyrant with 2 Monstrous Scything Talons, Shardgullet, Catalyst and Paroxysm: 175 points. (Warlord) (Warlord trait: Lethal Miasma)

3 Tyrant Guard with Scything Talons: 120 points.

“Murmillo”- Hive Tyrant with Lash Whip and Monstrous Bonesword, Stranglethorn Cannon, Hypermorphic Biology, Catalyst and Neuroparasite: 170 points. (Warlord trait: Adaptive Biology)

3 Tyrant Guard with Lash Whips and Bonecleavers: 120 points.

Troops:

6 Tyranid Warriors with Rending Claws, 4 Deathspitters and 2 Venom Cannons: 160 points.

20 Hormagaunts: 160 points.

20 Gargoyles: 160 points.

Elites:

3 Zoanthropes with Psychic Scream: 150 points.

Fast Attack:

Mawloc with Biostatic Rattle- 125 points.

5 Raveners with Scything Talons and Thoracic Spinefists: 150 points.

Heavy Support:

“Harvestman”- Tyrannofex with Acid Spray and Voracious Ammunition: 190 points.

Notes:

>The troops each being 160 points a unit was not actually deliberate, but does certainly make rejigging of the troops section that much easier. Hypothetically I could switch out the Hormagaunts for more Gargoyles (or vice versa) or even go nuts and have an army of 30 Warriors.

>I already have 3 Raveners on the bench, regrettably assembled back when talons and spines were the loadout to go for. I could, of course, just relegate these already-built Raveners to something else and build more of them with a more optimal loadout but as A: it looks cool, B: I'm not interested in pure optimization and C: I don't want to invalidate models if I can avoid it, I'm probably keeping 'em as is.

>The choice to go with a pair of Hive Tyrants and take the stratagems to allow for a relic and trait for both was chosen solely for rule of cool and to allow me to build some really gnarly looking Tyrants with cool themes (an unkillable beast and a poisonous abomination). I'm sure there's wiser choices to make with CP, but oh well.

I really dig the list, just a few things:

So first thing first, 2 Hive Tyrants in the same detachment is now illegal. I suggest running a patrol with the 2nd Hive Tyrant and a troop choice if you want the dual tyrant setup.

Raveners are still meh, but if you like go nuts.

Maybe some more synapse creatures? To get the synaptic link abilities to wear they need to be, a Tyranid Prime or a Neurothrope

I really dig the list, just a few things:

So first thing first, 2 Hive Tyrants in the same detachment is now illegal. I suggest running a patrol with the 2nd Hive Tyrant and a troop choice if you want the dual tyrant setup.

Raveners are still meh, but if you like go nuts.

Maybe some more synapse creatures? To get the synaptic link abilities to wear they need to be, a Tyranid Prime or a Neurothrope

Thanks for the feedback! And oooooooh dear I didn't realize that about double Tyrants- not that I'm doubting you but where does it say that? I may have misunderstood the rules...

Edit: OK, my totally-legit-I-swear copy was incomplete, I see. Oh well, back to the drawing board...

Edited by Evil Eye

• 2 weeks later...

whilst its not ideal to what you wanted could always see how the other hq choices compare. im looking at my list for revision. originally i was hoping for two tyrants too but as thats not going to happen for less points im thinking a broodlord and neurothrope paired should give relatively similar threats. but even a trygon prime and stick the inv save adaptive on it should be fairly effective. i actually cant look at any of the options and say they look terrible...

Tweaked it a fair bit, should be legal now!

2000 points.

Splinter Fleet from Hive Fleet Gorgon

HQ:

“Murmillo”- Hive Tyrant with Lash Whip and Monstrous Bonesword, Stranglethorn Cannon, Hypermorphic Biology, Catalyst and Neuroparasite: 170 points. (Warlord trait: Lethal Miasma)

3 Tyrant Guard with Lash Whips and Bonecleavers: 120 points.

“Scarlet Slattern” Tyranid Prime with Lash Whip and Bonesword and Deathspitter: 85 points.

Troops:

6 Tyranid Warriors with Boneswords, 4 Deathspitters and 2 Venom Cannons: 160 points.

Elites:

3 Zoanthropes: 150 points.

3 Venomthropes: 105 points.

3 Venomthropes: 105 points.

Fast Attack:

“Old Father Worm”- Mawloc: 125 points.

5 Raveners with Scything Talons and Thoracic Spinefists: 150 points.

Heavy Support:

“Harvestman”- Tyrannofex with Acid Spray and Voracious Ammunition: 190 points.

• 1 month later...

Came up with another list, just for fun, of a highly mobile swarm where everything can fly, burrow or is carried in a Tyrannocyte.

Splinter Fleet from Hive Fleet Gorgon

HQ:

“Blightwing”- Winged Hive Tyrant with Adrenal Glands, Heavy Venom Cannon and Hypermorphic Biology (Warlord Trait: Lethal Miasma): 220 points.

Trygon Prime with Toxinspike and Toxin Sacs: 185 points.

Troops:

6 Tyranid Warriors with Boneswords, 4 Deathspitters and 2 Venom Cannons: 160 points.

Tyrannocyte: 100 points.

Tyrannocyte: 100 points.

Fast Attack:

5 Raveners with Thoracic Spinefists and Scything Talons: 150 points.

“Old Father Worm”- Mawloc with Toxinspike: 125 points.

Flyers:

Hive Crone with Synaptic Enhancement: 160 points.

Harpy: 160 points.

(As a total side note, the Tyrannocytes will be heavily converted "living dropships" instead of the slightly silly looking bio-drop-pod things we have at present).