Void Dragons- a narrative campaign blog

Galron

Starting mid next month my LGS is running a narrative crusade campaign. Teams of four on a map and I am not running it :) I might be a team leader though, getting that impression.... So anyway, my team mates are a highly competitive nid player, and and ork and dark eldar husband/wife duo. 

I have always loved the look of the Void Dragons so I am going to run them with Hail of Doom and Mobile Fighters. 

We are starting at 500 points, I should be able to paint that much by then. Not really sure how crusade works but I am kind of limited by points to have a minimum of what I want to start getting  what I want to end up with in shape.

Farseer- doom, guide, no clue on warlord trait or relic.

Rangers x5 (forced to have troops in a patrol)

Dire Avengers x6 

Fire Dragons x5 with the range extension power and fire pike

Falcon with 2 shuricannon

Not a super powerful force, especially in a meta with a bunch of tau although granted, no one else runs tau like I do in my meta so I am not too worried. Its a free league so no prizes so hopefully no one else will take it too seriously. 

I still need to look up how to build a crusade force and how exp and requisition points work. I eventually want to put my farseer on a bike, I just dont have the points on hand. 

Seems like a good start, and you've crammed a lot into 500pts! Crusade is super fun, and you'll add more as you grow. 

If I was running this, I'd consider swapping the falcon for a serpent, then putting both aspect warrior squads in. Alternatively, drop the fragons (will you really be seeing super heavy armour, knights, mortarion etc t 500pts?) as they're really expensive and consider stuff like hawks or spiders.

That said, when the fragons get upgrades they'll be nasty. 

I wont be seeing Mortarion but I will be seeing Plagueburst crawlers and units like that and figure I can get a head start on getting exp for the fire dragons for when I need them later on. After reading the rules on using RP I went back and changed a few things. Now I have a Farseer on jet bike, a bare bones falcon, dire avengers, rangers, and bare fire dragons.

A wave serpent is in the second 500 point jump. Ill be dropping the rangers for a 20 man guardian squad popping out of the webway via strat. Plus more dire avengers. The end goal is two squads of 20 DA, the 20 guardians, 10 bnshees, Jain zar, 3 serpents, falcon, fire dragons and the far seer. Should be a nice mass of shuricans.

EDIT: After talking with the TO and finding out I would have to spend a buttload of RP once we hit 1000k in order to configure the list how I wanted it, I was informed that we were not sticking to the strict patrol detachment only at 1k or less. So I will still need to pay 4 RP to buff my Dire Avengers to where they need to be, but I no longer have to bring a troop tax. So 2 5 an dire avenger squads, 1 fire dragon, 1 skyrunner farseer, and one falcon with a shurican cannon. I will add the second shurican cannon at a later date.

Edited by Galron