2K of Prescient Bretheren (suggestions welcome!)

Scrapknight

Hello all,

So after playing regular Marines for a while, I'm working on building my favorite army: Grey Knights! I wanted to go in a more balanced direction than the all Dreadknights all the time lists while still being fairly competitive, and this is what I have at the moment. I also have another version of this with Kaldor Draigo instead of the librarian with fewer paladins and some toys removed to compensate. I do really like the Paladins, and would want at least one squad with some terminators included somewhere, but the sheer durability of the Paladins when sitting on a midfield objective seems like a good deal. The Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight is pretty standard, I've fit in 2 regular Dreadknights and 20 Interceptors... my personal pet choice is the Chaplain, because Chaplains are cool and having words of power on a huge squad of Interceptors sounds bonkers, so I'm curious if anyone's had any success with him. 

Secondary-wise, I'm figuring Engage on All Fronts, Purifying Ritual and either something enemy-specific or Retrieve Nachmund Data. I'm mostly figuring Strike Squads will manage this while the Interceptors and Grand Master get in close, Paladins hold the middle and the Dreadknights handle range / enemy deep-strikers. Of course, all the deep striking and teleporting allows for a lot of adaptability, which I really like and makes possible objectives I can achieve more diverse. Suggestions welcome.

The local meta is mostly Space Marines of various kinds, Aeldari, Tau, Necrons and Tyranids. Occasional Orks and various kinds of Chaos Marines. Haven't seen anyone roll up with Knights, Sisters, Admech or Custodes. (Pretty grateful for the latter given that 4+++  against mortal wounds on Emperor's Chosen.) It's actually fairly diverse as things go, but even if it wasn't I wouldn't want to metagame crazy hard; that said, it does have serious armies fielded by good players.

So without further ado, here we go:

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [111 PL, 9CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration [12CP] +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)  [12CP]

Brotherhood: Prescient Brethren

Detachment Command Cost

+ HQ [23 PL, -3CP, 460pts] +

Brotherhood Chaplain [6 PL, -1CP, 110pts]: 1. Words of Power, 5: Warp Shaping, Brotherhood Psyker Power, Crozius Arcanum, Divination, Frag & Krak grenades, Shield of Humanity [-1CP], Storm Bolter

Brotherhood Librarian [6 PL, -1CP, 105pts]: 4: Purifying Flame, 4: Vortex of Doom, 6: Psychic Epitome, Brotherhood Psyker Power, Crux Terminatus, Frag & Krak grenades, Shield of Humanity [-1CP]
. Nemesis Warding Stave: Nemesis Warding Stave

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [11 PL, -1CP, 245pts]: 1: Gate of Infinity, 2: Empyric Amplification, 3: Unyielding Anvil, 4: First to the Fray, Brotherhood Psyker Power, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter [10pts], Exemplar of the Silver Host [-1CP], Gatling Psilencer [20pts], Grand Master Chapter, Heavy Psycannon [20pts], Nemesis Greatsword [15pts], Servant of the Throne [1 PL, 20pts], Sigil of Exigence, Warlord

+ Troops [18 PL, 330pts] +

Strike Squad [6 PL, 110pts]: Brotherhood Psyker Power, Frag & Krak grenades
. 4x Grey Knight (Sword) [88pts]: 4x Nemesis Force Sword, 4x Storm Bolter
. Grey Knight Justicar [22pts]: Storm Bolter
. . Nemesis Force Sword: Nemesis Force Sword

+ Elites [26 PL, 320pts] +

Paladin Squad [26 PL, 320pts]: 3: Hammerhand, 4: Purifying Flame, Frag & Krak grenades
. 4x Paladin (Halberd) [180pts]: 4x Nemesis Force Halberd, 4x Storm Bolter
. Paladin (Incinerator) [50pts]: Incinerator (Terminator) [5pts]
. Paladin (Warding Stave) [45pts]: Nemesis Warding Stave, Storm Bolter
. Paragon [45pts]: Storm Bolter
. . Nemesis Force Halberd: Nemesis Force Halberd

+ Fast Attack [28 PL, 520pts] +

Interceptor Squad [14 PL, 260pts]: Brotherhood Psyker Power, Frag & Krak grenades
. 9x Interceptor (Halberd) [234pts]: 9x Nemesis Force Halberd, 9x Storm Bolter
. Interceptor Justicar [26pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Storm Bolter

Interceptor Squad [14 PL, 260pts]: Brotherhood Psyker Power, Frag & Krak grenades
. 9x Interceptor (Halberd) [234pts]: 9x Nemesis Force Halberd, 9x Storm Bolter
. Interceptor Justicar [26pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Storm Bolter

+ Heavy Support [16 PL, 370pts] +

Nemesis Dreadknight [8 PL, 185pts]: Brotherhood Psyker Power, Dreadfist, Gatling Psilencer [20pts], Heavy Psycannon [20pts], Nemesis Greatsword [15pts]

Nemesis Dreadknight [8 PL, 185pts]: Brotherhood Psyker Power, Dreadfist, Gatling Psilencer [20pts], Heavy Psycannon [20pts], Nemesis Greatsword [15pts]

++ Total: [111 PL, 9CP, 2,000pts] ++

Thanks for reading, and comments and suggestions are much appreciated!

Welcome to the brotherhood good sir! Looks like a great list,The words of power bombs are awesome, they hit way above their weight class. I like the paladin edition, I would recommend to give them AR and EC to start the game then change to hammer hand or purifying flame as needed. And for secondaries I'd suggest considering stranglehold and grind. Should be able to dice marines with ease, I'd focus on the eldar Tau and nid matchups. If you have any questions on it let me know.