Initial 1st April 2022 reveal, new lore & articles discussion

Joe

49 minutes ago, Petitioner's City said:

So the launch box must be soon, as the Loremasters for the leagues is up this week:

That could mean hopefully the next two weeks, based on past Loremasters before releases (like ash wastes)?

The releases for the next two weeks are already known: it's AoS Arcane Cataclysm this weekend 40K Daemons and CSM leftovers next weekend.

Besides, they haven't even announced a Launch Box/Army Set for Leagues yet, and while I do think it's inevitable that there will be one, GW doesn't just drop major products within a couple of weeks of announcing them, we all know they like to hype stuff up for a good while first. I think the absolute earliest we could see a Votann Army Set is late September, and that's assuming they reveal it within the next week or so.

Sorry wasn't clear, didn't mean release, I meant the Sunday preview of the next week's preorders. I don't think there's been a loremaster further out than a few weeks though from its associated release. I think ash wastes was one key example, where it went up twoish weeks (either a week and a half or two weeks and a half) before the release was announced for the next weekend. Announced next next weekend (4th) for pre-order from the next weekend, for one or two weeks til in shops release?  

But GW have dropped "major" products without much or any notice - that underground Warcry box is one example, but there were others. In contrast the leagues have had a lot of build up (far more than either Lumineth or BTs, and really more than the SoB too) - we just need to see the box and codex, the expectation (and saleability) is present already.

37 minutes ago, Petitioner's City said:

Sorry wasn't clear, didn't mean release, I meant the Sunday preview of the next week's preorders. I don't think there's been a loremaster further out than a few weeks though from its associated release. I think ash wastes was one key example, where it went up twoish weeks (either a week and a half or two weeks and a half) before the release was announced for the next weekend. Announced next next weekend (4th) for pre-order from the next weekend, for one or two weeks til in shops release?  

But GW have dropped "major" products without much or any notice - that underground Warcry box is one example, but there were others. In contrast the leagues have had a lot of build up (far more than either Lumineth or BTs, and really more than the SoB too) - we just need to see the box and codex, the expectation (and saleability) is present already.

I don't think the W+ content means too much anymore, as something has clearly gone off the rails behind the scenes. Into The Dark had it's battle report last week, but the box isn't scheduled for pre-order yet despite them usually putting said battlereports for new products out in the days immediately before release. There's also the Possessed and Accursed Cultists only releasing this week, despite the CSM 'dex being released back in June.

My guess is echoing some of the others that it will probably be shown off at NOVA, presumably along with the remainder of the League range we've not seen yet. The last article implied we'd still be seeing articles revealing some sort of heavy weapon squad and the sub-factions too.

So even if the release is a while away, the League of Votann Loremasters with Alex launched today. It's a heavy infodump, and really shows a lot of the thinking behind the new faction. 

https://warhammertv.com/details/25219?playlist_id=4

No explanation of their token nordicness, however :cry: but overall, really great worldbuilding that instantly feels very 40k.

Some interesting tidbits have been spotted from the Loremaster video.

Some kind of engineer HQ or Elite? Possibly the leader of a unit the Ironkin mechanic shown off is part of?

1mVFmCp.png

First glimpse of the Land Fortress the datacard leak mentioned?

2wFiJRF.png

Dark Iron Kin.

uT3s32r.png

1 hour ago, Lord Marshal said:

Some kind of engineer HQ or Elite? Possibly the leader of a unit the Ironkin mechanic shown off is part of?

1mVFmCp.png

First glimpse of the Land Fortress the datacard leak mentioned?

2wFiJRF.png

Dark Iron Kin.

uT3s32r.png

Top image is what I would guess to be the HQ brokyr (tech marine)

Agreed, might be the hekaton, kind of gives me mastadon vibes.

Bottom image is the pioneers

On 8/26/2022 at 12:53 PM, Lord Marshal said:

1mVFmCp.png

I kinda hope this isn't the Brokkyr Iron Master, that would be a bit disappointing if he just turns out to be pretty much a Hearthkin with a different helmet and extra backpack arm. Would have liked a bit more of a difference with the armour itself to make it stand out.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

On 7/29/2022 at 3:38 AM, Orange Knight said:

Vital information on a non Imperial faction like this would not be kept secret.

And it won't have to be am Inquisitor either who discovers the information. 

The fact is that all members of the Votann know the secret of their AI cores, and at some point some Psyker, Mechanicus priest, member of the Logos Historica, etc will discover the truth.

Whilst the general Imperium is very ignorant, there are people within it who do know a lot about things that happen beyond it's borders.

I agree, but just because it’s “known” doesn’t mean it’s “known”.

Money changes hands, threats and promises are made, the information is suppressed. The guy who has the information, if he is like or powerful, will be told to be silent. If he isn’t, he’ll be silenced and made to be a conspiracy theorist. 

On 8/28/2022 at 8:57 PM, TheVoidDragon said:

I kinda hope this isn't the Brokkyr Iron Master, that would be a bit disappointing if he just turns out to be pretty much a Hearthkin with a different helmet and extra backpack arm. Would have liked a bit more of a difference with the armour itself to make it stand out.

I think it is.. agreed its a bit boring, I dont really know why but I somehow expected it to be the HQ with more oomph/centrepieceness to it ... I think its the A.n.v.i.l talk ( have to look it up, but dont know were it is).. I imagined some mobile platform/workshop kind of thing not dissimilar to the SoB pulprit or that old inquisitor model on a walking judge chair. But this image makes him look too "normal" for such a thing.

9 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

I think it is.. agreed its a bit boring, I dont really know why but I somehow expected it to be the HQ with more oomph/centrepieceness to it ... I think its the A.n.v.i.l talk ( have to look it up, but dont know were it is).. I imagined some mobile platform/workshop kind of thing not dissimilar to the SoB pulprit or that old inquisitor model on a walking judge chair. But this image makes him look too "normal" for such a thing.

WHFB Dwarf Engineers are just really cool with all their various gadgets, pouches, tools etc. I really hope there's more to it to make them give across that Engineer feel than just being a Hearthkyn with a fairly standard looking hammer and backpack arm because that would just be such a boring depiction of the idea of a Dwarf Engineer.

1 hour ago, TheVoidDragon said:

WHFB Dwarf Engineers are just really cool with all their various gadgets, pouches, tools etc. I really hope there's more to it to make them give across that Engineer feel than just being a Hearthkyn with a fairly standard looking hammer and backpack arm because that would just be such a boring depiction of the idea of a Dwarf Engineer.

Made me look back, and I realise that in the back of my head I remembered the Anvil of Doom, hence I expected something like that when they talked about the Brokhyrs A.n.v.i.l

This is floating around IMG-20220829-WA0030.jpg

Supposedly it's a teaser image of something for the votanns.

If true, I'd guess HQ brokyr/anvil. (If anvil is the living ancestor votann Robot)

Super tiny image.

9 hours ago, spessmarine said:

looks like this, recoloured and shrunk to bits for obvious reasons

Artificer-Juggernaut-box-mockup.jpg

It's quite strange how similar the two are...

What's the actual source for that 40k thing in the first place? I've seen people say it's from facebook, but if that was the case, why is there no larger version? But even then a larger version of that seems like it would be a more easy to figure out hint than all the other Nova stuff has been.

Just now, TheVoidDragon said:

It's quite strange how similar the two are...

What's the actual source for that 40k thing in the first place? I've seen people say it's from facebook, but if that was the case, why is there no larger version? But even then a larger version of that seems like it would be a more easy to figure out hint than all the other Nova stuff has been.

It's definitely someone playing a trick and shrinking the Mantic games image. 

A decent job of photoshopping the colours and then shrinking the image into pixelated Oblivion 

6 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

It's definitely someone playing a trick and shrinking the Mantic games image. 

A decent job of photoshopping the colours and then shrinking the image into pixelated Oblivion 

Yeah, just overlayed the two myself to check, and it's pretty much identical other than a few pixels. Definitely a fake.

Considering no one had seen the full version I'm not really surprised.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

2 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

From the "This week in Warhammer" Video for the Battle Report that's due out this week:

20220830_113055.thumb.jpg.cf67480aee828dd1c84050a388f3620d.jpg20220830_113057.thumb.jpg.eee0935ce7cf8a0835fccc9cdb7c3410.jpg

I think thats the votann heartguard leader (but with a light skintone head)