2000pts Terminus Est

Toying with a Terminus Est list, terminators backed up by hordes of poxwalkers. A couple of cheeky combos baked in which I will try and explain beneath!

Typhus (165) Warlord, Miasma of Pestilence, Putrescent Vitality

Daemon Prince (185) Wings, Sword, Rotten Constitution, Supperating Plate, Accelerated Entropy

Plaguecaster (95) Filth Censers, Pernicious Dose, Rotwind

20 Poxwalkers (120)

20 Poxwalkers (120)

20 Poxwalkers (120)

20 Poxwalkers (120)

5 Deathshroud (250) Plague Skull of Glothila

10 Blightlords (440) All Swords, Champion combi-melta, 2x Blight Launchers, 1x Combi-melta, 6x Combi-bolters

5 Possessed (120)

5 Possessed (120)

Tallyman (70) Tollkeeper

2 Spawn (46)

1996pts, 8CP remaining

Three combos I want to try and pull off with this:

1) Typhus teleports with Deathshroud and makes them v tough, -1 to hit, S8 T6, straightforward

2) DP relies on Plaguecaster to get the reduce AP by 2 spell off on his targets, so his Supperating Plate & Rotten Constitution mean he will have a 2+ against almost anything. (His own spell also lets him snipe characters)

3) Plaguecaster buffs Blightlords plague weapons with re-rolls to hit. Tallyman gives Blightlords +1 to hit, and also Tollkeeper provides exploding 6s.  Blightlords pop the strats to turn the bolters into plague weapons, and if necessary to add 6" to their plague weapons. Now they can fish for those exploding 6s and hit most of the board. They will march into the centre.

Poxwalkers just hold objectives.

Edited by Brother Kraskor

Good stuff in there, I like it. I am not sure you can take 2 combi-meltas without first having every other combi type. Have you thought about Revolting Resilient for your DP, most of the time I would assume he won’t be targetable (body guard rule) except spells. Having a 5+++ vs MWs might benefit him more.

The combo with the Blightlords and rerolling is nice, wish they had some AP to go with all those shots. You will have to let us know how it does.

Agreed with Ninja, this looks fun.  With Nachmund's increased importance on Actions, I like the use of 2 x5 units of possessed as a cheap(er) unit with an invul save that can use Strategic Reserves to Teleport in and perform an action.  

Some food for thought:

Consider Gift of Plagues on Typhus.  It bumps his MW Contagion Aura to the maximum 12 inches on Turn 2, and if you're planning to teleport him in, chances are you'll have lots of good targets in range.  The Deathshroud will be plenty lethal even without the +1S&T from PT.

While 4x20 Poxwalkers is most likely the way to go, keeping 1 x10 and adding a unit of cultists might help with Actions, and provides a 2CP respawn option for Rotting Tide.  Also means you'll have 10 less zombies to paint!

Would love to hear how it performs!

Thanks both. I like the Revolting Resilient idea but then it doesn't combo as well with Supperating Plate and the Plaguecaster. Rotwind can reduce AP of an enemy unit by 2, and then Rotten Constitution ignores AP-1 and -2, so DP can go in against AP4 and have a 2+ save. And the extra pip of Toughness means when he casts Accelerated Entropy he is adding 7 to a D6 against enemy Toughness + D6.

I like Gift of Plagues idea, also helps with other shooting, good swap for Putrescent.

And yes of course Poxwalkers can't perform actions, some cultists might well be better there.