Any wish for an army of renown ?

since I guess alot of army who got their codex before us got one... And there will be new army of renown in the next nashmund book. Maybe we could write our hope here if it ends to be OUR army of renown!

I definitly hope for something more melee focus, maybe in a black tide way ?

Maybe since our codex don't really got something to make us very dangerous in close combat, an army of renown about that ?

Personally I prefer the idea of generic Armies of Renown like they did with the Vanguard army, they definitely should not lose their chapter tactic or be as limited as the Vanguard one but I do love that its open to everyone, we may be split into a dozen supplements but we are still one codex and I hated the times where we were left without any bonus stuff so I would hate it for anyone else to get left out.

With that in mind I would love to see something that takes inspiration of another reserve company, the Vanguard one is obviously tenth company so maybe have something that focuses on the eighth company and is just about bikers, jump infantry and speeders or an army of renown for the elite of an Astartes army, Terminators, Dreadnoughts, VanVets, Sternguard and BGV, throw in Sword Brethren in and that'd be an army of renown I could get behind. 

Edited by redmapa

of course.

I want a Sword Brethren detachment. they all can advance and charge an can reroll all hits in first combat round.

negative: they have to take one specific vow for example.

would be awesome to have stronger sword brethren.

armies of renowned show that gw does not know how to make a truly competitive game… there are haves and have nots.

They've created a business model that has survived over 30 years and are currently making record profits.

I don't think it's that they can't balance rules; it would appear that unbalanced rules just sell better.

When people stop buying any kit that gets an op profile, they might stop doing it.

The idea of the swordbrethren is really good since it could make them useful.

Maybe with a bit of luck we could get a rule about a Land Raider (or anything else) who can carry Primaris and Firstborn like in the future show from Warhammer+... Or being able to charge when we get out of any vehicle.

Edited by Sword Brethren Durion

The idea of the swordbrethren is really good since it could make them useful.

Maybe with a bit of luck we could get a rule about a Land Raider (or anything else) who can carry Primaris and Firstborn like in the future show from Warhammer+... Or being able to charge when we get out of any vehicle.

a bad unit which can transport a bad unit.??? 

sorry for being sarcastic but we need a redesign by a lot of things before coming to this ideas.

A LRC need -1 dmg or something similar before any new step.

armies of renowned show that gw does not know how to make a truly competitive game… there are haves and have nots.

Armies of Renown aren't designed for competative play anyway, that's why they're in narrative Campaign books. The only generally useful ones were only that way because giving up non-Skitari units was a small price to pay or because Tyranids were such a badly designed codex that forcing you to take a meme list in return for decent special rules was almost as good as an updated book.

sorry for being sarcastic but we need a redesign by a lot of things before coming to this ideas.

LRC don't need to be better, they need to be costed so that putting a crusader squad in one isn't 1/4 to a 1/3 of your entire army.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

I think the discussion is on a bad way.

Its more about what would you like to see. I mean it would be awesome to get a special thing we used to know or are in our mind in older edition.

Some ideas:

- Black Tide ( many cruasader squads )

- Sword Brethren ( as i mentioned before )

- (maybe special holy crusade like Jerulas crusade --> better LRCs? or even better chaplains?)

- Drop Pod Assault

- heavy spearhead ( lot of tanks )...

Castellan Draco rogue BT crusade with chained up psykers, maybe like the old Fantasy flagellants, sent to emit psychic screams but ultimately die and sow confusion, before the jump pack Primaris Sword brethren descend and clean house. :thumbsup:

Armies of Renown aren't designed for competative play anyway, that's why they're in narrative Campaign books. The only generally useful ones were only that way because giving up non-Skitari units was a small price to pay or because Tyranids were such a badly designed codex that forcing you to take a meme list in return for decent special rules was almost as good as an updated book.

LRC don't need to be better, they need to be costed so that putting a crusader squad in one isn't 1/4 to a 1/3 of your entire army.

I think LRC are great ( as long as they would cost -150 points)

One thing is sure, we will have to wait more month. Maybe Grey Knight and ork next then us ? But at this rythm I bet we will be in V10 with a new codex (if they don't forget us for 15 years or something)

GW will not ferget us in the next few years I think. 

Edited by Medjugorje