All Gods

Sorry if this has been asked, I'm not sure what to search to filter out other info about the Gods/Factions. Basically, is there a way to use all four Gods, or at least a squad of each type of specialty unit eg Berserkers, Rubric, Plaguebearers, Noisy Boys all in the same army? I'm making Night Lords and Thousand Sons armies, but I have ideas to create the Four Horsemen for the Night Lords and personifications of the Plagues of Egypt (read Plagues of Prospero, but not including the wolves).

Sorry if this has been asked, I'm not sure what to search to filter out other info about the Gods/Factions. Basically, is there a way to use all four Gods, or at least a squad of each type of specialty unit eg Berserkers, Rubric, Plaguebearers, Noisy Boys all in the same army? I'm making Night Lords and Thousand Sons armies, but I have ideas to create the Four Horsemen for the Night Lords and personifications of the Plagues of Egypt (read Plagues of Prospero, but not including the wolves).

Hi there. There is absolutely the lore and rules to support having a squad of each of the 4 cult troops (or even normal troops dedicated to each of the chaos gods if that's what you could prefer)  :)

However, 4 of the Chaos Legions are dedicated only to one of the gods (Death Guard to Nurgle, World Eaters to Khorne, Thousand Sons to Tzeentch and Emperor's Children to Slaanesh) - still, the remaing Legions and renegade warbands may follow any combination of the four gods and/or chaos undivided. As such, the Thousand Sons as personifications of the plagues of Egypt sounds like a really cool concept, but in practice they should still follow Tzeentch, not Nurgle. There are ways to do so under the "changer of the ways", or you could also create a custom warband dedicated to Nurgle that follows the egyptian aesthetics.

The four horsemen Night Lords sounds like a fun idea too: have you thought how you would draw parallels between the chaos gods and the riders?

While you cannot do this with a pure Thousand Sons army list, you could field 2 detachments, 1 Thousand Sons and the other with the various cult squads (berzerkers, plague marines and noise marines).  There are some drawbacks to doing so, including:

a) you would need an HQ choice for the cults detachement;

b) it would cost you CP;

c) the cults detachment wouldn't be Thousand Sons and wouldn't use their rules;

d) some abilities (such as psychic powers, auras, etc.) may only work on one of the two factions in your detachment; and

e) some armies lose some special rules if not in an army list consisting entirely of that faction - don't know if that applies to Thousand Sons (it doesn't, under the current codex, for the cults detachment).

Thanks for the info, I'm toying around with different ideas for the Plagues of Egypt, obviously by the name it is very Nurgley, but not all of them would fall under his domain, WIP.

For the Horsemen:

The White Horseman will be Slaanesh themed, going with the interpretation of the White Horsemen being Conquest represented by a False Prophet/Anti-Christ. He will embody Slaanesh's vanity, being very pretty and regal looking, as the exact phrasing even mentions him wearing a crown, and I may try to incorporate some small undertone of nefarious with maybe a cape ending with barbed tentacles or something.

I bet none of you can guess what I plan on for the Red Horseman, War. I think the only thing that isn't expected is that I will probably give him a sword instead of Khorne's favorite weapon, the axe, because Red and a Sword are the only stated characteristics for him.

The Third Horseman is Black, and represents pestilence/famine. While that is very Nurglish, that interpretation is due to the fact the Horseman carries Scales and talks about drastic inflation/rationing. For this one I envision a nice Tzeentch Sorcerer, whose staff is topped with said Scales, and maybe some scarabs flying around him (big ones from Tomb Lords). It is also worth mentioning (mainly regarding this Horseman) that the colors mentioned are descriptions of only the horse itself, the riders are only described by what they carry or say.

Finally is the Pale Horseman, the only one explicitly named: Death. The color has a couple translations, but same theme. Pale, sickly, yellowish-green, ashen, corpse-like...Only fitting for this to be a wonderful scythe-wielding sickly-green reaper dedicated to Nurgle.

Those are fun ideas

For the Nurgle and Tzeentch riders, I'm going to propose some counter interpretations, but feel free to ignore them if you don't like them ;) newer models for nurgle include quite a few instances of tally keepers and bean counters and such, so the scales could fit in quite well, as well as the pestilence, famine and despair concepts; and in tarot decks, Death is supposed to represent a great "change" rather than literal death, the old making way for the new and all that, which would obviously go well with tzeentch