The “new” Avatar

Prot

So I can’t believe I haven’t seen this yet, but who plans on running this guy?

I mean he looks amazing now. Suck a far cry from my old metal variant, I could have put him in a sock and robbed a convenience store with that model!  Then there was the beautiful, but quite delicate forge world variant. I loved  him but he was a bit too fragile. I think the new model fits right in between. 

Granted I haven’t seen many people talk8ng him up rules wise but some of you must have fielded him? What do you guys think, yay or nay?

I'm definitely getting one :wub:  Will run him for sure (my games are not as tense and full on as yours though :sweat: ) so i can afford to run him, I guess early games he'll be a distraction for sure.... Although if he doesn't pull his weight even in friendlies he'll be polishing the floor of my display cabinet :teehee: ...

Mithril

P.S. I will say i hope you get one...the paint job alone will most certainly be worth it !!

I will be getting one to paint for sure. I am not completely sure if I will field him but I might. I play Iyanden so I normally run vehicles, Wraithlords and even a Wraithknight. In such a target-rich environment, the Avatar will not have an obvious bulls-eye painted on him as he has the half-damage rule and an opponent may choose to prioritise targets that can be taken down faster.

I'm going to say that is the most competitve unit in codex just so I see you buy one, paint it and battle report the hell out of it!

As for me I'm planning to use mine as a distraction carnifex - plop it down the middle so the transports don't get targeted too hard. I must however wait to buy it... I have to many project and too many grey models :/

I must however wait to buy it... I have to many project and too many grey models :/

I know what you mean. I have promised myself I will finish my Knight army before I buy another big centrepiece model. I love promises like that for the funny noise they make when I break them. :wink:

I must however wait to buy it... I have to many project and too many grey models :/

I know what you mean. I have promised myself I will finish my Knight army before I buy another big centrepiece model. I love promises like that for the funny noise they make when I break them. :wink:

Karhedron + Promises = PIECRUST  :tongue.:

Mithril